Dr Feller patient - 1000 FUE 10 Months post op

G

This patient had a great head of hair with the except that it looked like he had an off-center "mohawk" with greater loss on his right than his left.

To repair this we performed FUE in a dense pack into the bald areas

Video - http://www.fellermedicaldata.com/Video/FUE/1000FUE.wmv

Here he is before and after ten months of growth:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
He is a great candidate for hair transplant, he has very thick hair all over. I would go as far as NW1 if I was the paient.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood#2 just looks better on a lot of guys.

I wouldn't want a Norwood#1 hairline back even if I could get it.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
He is a great candidate for hair transplant, he has very thick hair all over. I would go as far as NW1 if I was the paient.

i never had a Norwood 1 hairline and i personally think i look better with a higher hairline,id be quite happy (quite) with what i have now but its just too thin.............

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here. I think a NW1 on some folks just looks strange with the way their face or head may be shaped. Personally a NW2 would look fine on me, but a NW1 may be odd looking.

The only thing that scares the hell out of me w/this one is the donor area. Eventually it will grow in I know, but for the post-op phase I get chills.

s.a.f

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Same here. I think a NW1 on some folks just looks strange with the way their face or head may be shaped. Personally a NW2 would look fine on me, but a NW1 may be odd looking.

The only thing that scares the hell out of me w/this one is the donor area. Eventually it will grow in I know, but for the post-op phase I get chills.
FUE heals at a incredibly fast rate since the holes are less tha 1mm diameter. I've seen 1 wk post op pics where you would'nt even know something had been done. In this guys case he'd just have to shave the rest down and walk around for a few weeks looking like some kind of marine wannabe. :firing:

Dr. Feller

Reaction score
I used .8 and .9mm Feller Punches (4 U.S. patents). The holes had already contracted to about .5mm before leaving the office which is why no bandage was needed.

There is a way around the visibility in the donor area by simply shaving alternating areas throughout the donor site thereby leaving enough hair to drap over the holes. So there is no need to worry about how the donor looks postoperatively.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
its amazinng how much a difference 1000 grafts can make!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What does this guy do when the island he had thins out and he is dense in front of it from the hair transplant? His island did look strong to me but it is only a picture. Most guys with the Norwood 2.5 island are generally thin or will eventually thin out. this guy's looks solid now.

How old is the patient?

Is the patient on meds? propecia, avodart, minoxidil?

What Norwood level do you see this guy progressing down the road?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
cal said:
Norwood#2 just looks better on a lot of guys.

I wouldn't want a Norwood#1 hairline back even if I could get it.

I agree with this. i would much rather be a really thick NW2 than a NW1. NW1 can look a little strange and not as manly looking as a NW2. A thick NW2 (a tiny hint of recession) looks really manly. A NW1 you just look like a man-child.

I thought shockloss was an issue with this kind of hair transplant? Obvisouly not. Seems like they leave a small gap between the implanted region and the actual hairline to prevent shockloss.

Hmm im seriously considering this kind of surgery. Gives me hope :)
The damage to the donor region freaks me out tho...is that only 1000 grafts?? Looks like they took alot more than that! Is there even any hair left there? Will it grow back ok?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think the idea is that he's putting his faith in the meds not to progress.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hey saf. If you were this guy, in ur personal opinion would u go for it or is it to much of a risk? Or would you wait another 5 years or so to see if any new break throughs in hair re-growth/technology comes through? Because im seriously considering this kind of surgery.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If this was me I could definatly live with this (before pic) amount of hairloss as long as the meds were working and I was'nt getting worse I'd just leave it.
1.jpg

What am I talking about, :hairy: I'll never even get to as good as the before pic. :shock:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
If this was me I could definatly live with this (before pic) amount of hairloss as long as the meds were working and I was'nt getting worse I'd just leave it.
1.jpg

What am I talking about, :hairy: I'll never even get to as good as the before pic. :shock:

hey saf, you will never know what happens tomorrow, right?

HM might come out in the future and you will probabily end up with a gorgeous head of hair.

cheers brotha!

s.a.f

Reaction score
And I might win the lottery.... but until then....

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
And I might win the lottery.... but until then....

you are a good man, good things will come to you! :)

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I think you two just need to make out already.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Only if RaginDemon looks like this guy: :gay:
ami-02_m_400.jpg

metalheaddude

Reaction score
If RaginDemon looked like that he definately wouldnt be on this forum. He would be to busy nailing his 10 girlfriends.

Where is RaginDemon these days anyway, have not seen him for quite a while :dunno: