Dr. Cole's NEW Technique?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Does Dr. Cole actually place grafts on his patients himself during his new CIT Technique or does he only make the partial extractions and recipient area incisions, followed by techs who finish the extractions and place the grafts?

Basically, do the techs do most of the work and does Cole still use a 1 MM punch for the extractions?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DR cole gets pretty adamant about the 1mm punch issue and says it's internet pressure as well as other competitors creating this frenzy. He was very defensive about this in an email and I just withdrew b/c it was going nowhere.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
DR cole gets pretty adamant about the 1mm punch issue and says it's internet pressure as well as other competitors creating this frenzy. He was very defensive about this in an email and I just withdrew b/c it was going nowhere.

I'd opt for the 1mm punch over the archaic strip method any day.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree optimist, however why do either if there are clinics that use the 0.75mm punch and are producing great results.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
hairtech said:
I agree optimist, however why do either if there are clinics that use the 0.75mm punch and are producing great results.

I totally agree. Do you by any chance know what size Rahal and Armani use?

G

hairtech,

Who do you think is doing good work with the .75 punches. We both know there are more than one.

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Anyone got any stories or experiences with Dr. Cole's technique?

Does the procedure leave your donor area moth-eaten or scarred?

Does his procedure yield good, dense growth in the recipient area without bumps and ridging?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had about 1500 done in July 06 into my dracula like hairline. Actually it only resembles the ol' dracula when it was wet and combed back. Old Hairtech Tom assisted Dr Cole during the surgery. Cole made the incisions and planted most of the grafts as did Dr Mwmba, Hairtech and Dr Bridges.
I had a great experience and it grew in well. I have my hair buzzed in the back down to a 1 blade from time to time and no remnants of surgery show. However I must say that I do have some "white dots" when I lift my hair up and look very hard but GUYS lets be real, all surgeries leave scars regardless of the technique SO you must decide whether to go the strip or the FUE route. I couldnt see myself as a strip patient, although Dr Feller tried hard to persuade me and I flew out the door. I always responded well to propecia and it kept my hair in check so FUE was the best calculated route for me.
Speaking of Dr Bridges, I heard he is not there anymore. Wonder what happened there. He was awesome to speak with and so knowledgeable.

jas000

Reaction score
I had a very small procedure done yesterday with dr. cole, his techs are really professional and dr. cole was really good, he made the incisions, made the extractions etc. the experience was really nice, only time will tell about the yield :punk:

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jas000 said:
I had a very small procedure done yesterday with dr. cole, his techs are really professional and dr. cole was really good, he made the incisions, made the extractions etc. the experience was really nice, only time will tell about the yield :punk:

JAS is it true Dr Bridges is not there anymore? He was so helpful during my surgery.

jas000

Reaction score
As far as i know he is not, noone introduced themselves as Dr. Bridges , only techs and Dr. Cole.

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

LookingGood claims that Dr. Cole and other "doctors" did most of the graft placement or planting during his Dr. Cole surgery BUT JAS states that the Techs did the graft placement?

This is weird!

Does Dr. Cole not oversee any of the graft placements anymore and what can be said of his yields since he has allowed his Techs to do most of the graft placing?

Aside from that, what about bumps and ridging and other problems? Are the Techs qualified to be finishing extractions and placing grafts unsupervised?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude said:
LookingGood claims that Dr. Cole and other "doctors" did most of the graft placement or planting during his Dr. Cole surgery BUT JAS states that the Techs did the graft placement?

This is weird!

Does Dr. Cole not oversee any of the graft placements anymore and what can be said of his yields since he has allowed his Techs to do most of the graft placing?

Aside from that, what about bumps and ridging and other problems? Are the Techs qualified to be finishing extractions and placing grafts unsupervised?

Cole did the FUE incisionsand did some of the extractions, Dr Mwamba did alot of them as Tom (hairtech) and Dr Bridges. I even had a DR from Brussels helping out. I forgot his name but he is on HTN and is well known in europe but most a strip guy learning FUE. I had a "brain trust" that week. I cant speak for others but that was my experience in July 2006.

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Still confused?

Who places the grafts at Cole's practice today?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude said:
Still confused?

Who places the grafts at Cole's practice today?

why dont u man up and CALL cole's office.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very common for techs to place all of the grafts. But the Doctor should be making the incisions and doing the extractions.

G

I agree with Daveone and I have said this before, to my knowledge, it's the law! :shock: