Dr Ashcroft

autt86

Reaction score
i called him today at 1:30, didnt seem to be working.. he said he was walking his dog.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
When I contacted him in the early evening, about a year ago, he was unable to discuss matters but phoned back soon after.

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, this guy gives you a 15 months supply of Proscar for £120? Which would work out as the equivalent of 60 months supply of Propecia (cutting into 4s?) Or does the 15 month mean 3 months and 3 weeks supply of Proscar (which work out at 15 months of Propecia?)

Or have i got this totally wrong and i'm a retardo?

:woot:

the_professor

Reaction score
Basically it is either £120 (branded Proscar) or £100 (generic Proscar, the same but unbranded) for 15 months supply once quartered.

I phoned Dr Ashcroft last week and he was very helpful. I made a bank transfer on Monday to his account for some Proscar - how long does it usually take to receive it?

Petchsky

Reaction score
sh*t, i might phone this guy, that's well cheap

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought proscar from Dr Ashcroft at the beginning of last summer, I still have a strip left so that should see me till November, £120 is a bargain and it's fully legit.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
bump for well tested and legitimate supply of merck proscar

:)

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any details on this guy?

Is he cool with you just ringing him out of the blue? - And what details does he want before deciding whether to sell to you?

What's the minimum amount you can buy off him?

Thanks guys.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Some answers:

Yes, phone him (I did early evening so I would not disrupt his normal work) and ask if it is convenient to talk. He may ask questions about your hair to 'ensure' it is not some medical condition which is causing loss of hair. He may then discuss your hair and the use of Propecia/Finasteride. He will tell you the cost for x tablets and how to pay. I don't know the minimum, but if you have no side effects, you will need enough to give it time to work - at least 9 months.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pratc said:
Some answers:

Yes, phone him (I did early evening so I would not disrupt his normal work) and ask if it is convenient to talk. He may ask questions about your hair to 'ensure' it is not some medical condition which is causing loss of hair. He may then discuss your hair and the use of Propecia/Finasteride. He will tell you the cost for x tablets and how to pay. I don't know the minimum, but if you have no side effects, you will need enough to give it time to work - at least 9 months.

Thanks mate. I was worried that if I just rang him, he'd be a bit bewildered 'Errr..who are you, how did you get my number' etc. - Ok to call weekends then?

Ideally I want a small batch first 1-3 months to see if I can handle it due to sides etc.

I've seen his number posted, but can anyone post his number which they've rung recently, just to confirm that the number is update?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just gave him a ring. Really nice guy, very reassuring, he's been using it for 14 years :punk:

He said he'd text me the details, does anyone know how long he normally takes to send the text?

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
I forgot he texts details - haven't ordered for quite a while. I think the email was within a day or two and I decided to pay by bank transfer rather than a cheque to speed things up. I still have an old email from him. He gives the costs of Proscar and generic finasteride. He gives his address and some bank details. He wanted things like DOB, address and present Dr etc

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers lads. Got the text and paid him.

Gonna start with the smallest dosage I can get and work my way up to 1mg I think.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
Cheers lads. Got the text and paid him.

Gonna start with the smallest dosage I can get and work my way up to 1mg I think.

I've been getting my finasteride from Dr Ashcroft for a few years now, He's a good guy and very professional (a proper Doctor)

Fundi, I wouldn't worry about working your way up to 1mg, just nail it from the off.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am temped to hit the 1/1.25mg straight off as it's easier. But, since my hairloss isn't particulary aggressive (Just started quite early) I've got time on my side. I think if I introduce the drug gradually it may lower the chance of sides/extreme shedding?

Plus I've seen the study stating 0.25mg is almost as effective as blocking DHT as 1mg.

Can you tell me if the packaging is discreet and if it needs to be signed for?

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
I am temped to hit the 1/1.25mg straight off as it's easier. But, since my hairloss isn't particulary aggressive (Just started quite early) I've got time on my side. I think if I introduce the drug gradually it may lower the chance of sides/extreme shedding?

Plus I've seen the study stating 0.25mg is almost as effective as blocking DHT as 1mg.

Can you tell me if the packaging is discreet and if it needs to be signed for?

I was lucky enough to get on the finasteride before I had a look at these boards. And I can appreciate why you'd be worried about side effects when you see a 'few' of the stories on here! It would of scared me too!

But I never experienced any side effects or extreme shedding. I find you've got to watch your mind, it's a powerful tool that can make you imagine all sorts of stuff.

The packaging is discreet, just a plain old envelope that drops through your letterbox, no signature required.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi, call Dr A and tell him what he thinks to your plan, remember he's prescribing you this stuff now and you're under his care.

On the letter he sent me with my batch he states "As always, if you have any problems, questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me."

:)