Doyle11's Story 7 Words Sausages Pug

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jon 33.

Been on these forums in some capacity for about 11/12 years or so, quite a long time.

Family background; Dad had Norwood -1 hair, 2 brothers both no recession, great grandad had some baldness around norwood 2

So, For me it started in my late teens, I developed the 'mature hairline' where i had hair fall on my pillow etc. No further hair loss for a few years and then it went to sh*t very quickly, I went from the pics here in 2006 to losing in a norwood 5/6 pattern, after a year I was pretty much slick on top with thin hair on the sides. The one thing that always confused me was that I didn't have any shedding... Nada.

My hair has been up and down ever since and sometimes I would be slick bald and other times I would have enough hair to get through in a norwood 3 pattern.

For the last few years my hair has been utterly dreadful, i've been keeping it short with a zero guard, For all intents and purposes I've been bald. I had tried finasteride for a year with minoxidil, Nizoral, Dutas, none of it did anything.

Things have changed in the past half a year or so and hair has started to grow with no intervention. Not just from my head but my eyebrows, body hair, facial hair and everywhere else. The only thing that I can attribute it to is the fact that I've been suffering anxiety/depression for most of my life which culminated with an panic attack and admission to hospital. Since then (and my diagnosis of GAD as opposed to the cardiac issue I though I had) my hair has been growing back steadily.

This thread will serve to document any changes in my body hair, facial hair and hair on my head.

Currently I'm happy with how things have changed, my hair feels much thicker and my eyebrows and facial hair are more defined and people are commenting.

I'll update photos every few weeks to see if there's any changes or I'm just imagining things.

hair 20062.jpg
hair 2006.jpg

Hair September 2017
september hair.jpg

Hair November 2017
november hair.jpg

Hair January 2018

janurary hair.jpg

24/03/18

20180224_185840.jpg
20180224_191603.jpg
20180224_191610.jpg

20180224_212721.jpg

Update crown 03/03/18
20180303_200421.jpg

08/08/18
20180308_204418.jpg

Attachments

• hair 20062.jpg
    hair 20062.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that I can attribute it to is the fact that I've been suffering anxiety/depression for most of my life which culminated with an panic attack and admission to hospital. Since then (and my diagnosis of GAD as opposed to the cardiac issue I though I had) my hair has been growing back steadily.
If anxiety/depression was growing your hair back,i would be a NW0 now.
Have you quit masturbation or coffee?...Any other drugs that you quit or started to take?

Tempura

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you quit masturbation or coffee?...Any other drugs that you quit or started to take?

Why would those make you lose hair? Coffee in particular.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would those make you lose hair? Coffee in particular.
Coffee causes me panic attacks and makes my scalp and my whole body tense.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score

Quit Caffiene but more due to the panic attacks and anxiety. My GP advised to avoid any stimulants and do deep breathing. My anxiety has been much more under control and the chest pain, stomach cramps and tingling sensation over my body has subsided so I attributed it to anxiety.
On a side note, my head has started to bleed a lot more when I pick spots or scratch myself.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quit Caffiene but more due to the panic attacks and anxiety. My GP advised to avoid any stimulants and do deep breathing. My anxiety has been much more under control and the chest pain, stomach cramps and tingling sensation over my body has subsided so I attributed it to anxiety.
On a side note, my head has started to bleed a lot more when I pick spots or scratch myself.
Dude..there's a substantial improvement on your scalp.
Did you start any medication for anxiety?...How long have you been caffeine free?
Are you on ANY medication at the moment?

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude..there's a substantial improvement on your scalp.
Did you start any medication for anxiety?...How long have you been caffeine free?
Are you on ANY medication at the moment?

Jack sh*t. I'm literally on nothing. The last time I tried any meds was 2 years ago.

I've been caffiene free since the summer which coincidentally tied in with my hair improving. I was probably drinking 5/6 cups of coffee a day for the past 12 or so years.

What I mean, is that since my anxiety is under control my hair is a lot better, My anxiety has been poorly managed for years without even realizing, it's got to be the caffiene or the anxiety that was causing my hair loss. Or both.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly bro you look pretty dope buzzed/bald, especially since you grow decent facial hair. Don't obsess over this. Holy sh*t and you're 33?? You definitely have nothing to worry about. I'm 21 y/o with your fuckin norwood.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly bro you look pretty dope buzzed/bald, especially since you grow decent facial hair. Don't obsess over this. Holy sh*t and you're 33?? You definitely have nothing to worry about. I'm 21 y/o with your fuckin norwood.

Cheers man, I know it could be a lot worse. I'm quite happy where my hair situation now, I've come to terms that I'll never be able to grow it out at any length again. Other than having a 5head I'm pretty okay with my head shaved.

You look great with a shaved head though, you just need to try and keep your hair that way. There's a big difference between slick bald and some stubble.

Last edited:

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers man, I know it could be a lot worse. I'm quite happy where my hair situation now, I've come to terms that I'll never be able to grow it out at any length again. Other than having a 5head I'm pretty okay with my head shaved.

You look great with a shaved head though, you just need to try and keep your hair that way. There's a big difference between slick bald and some stubble.
Yeah man, I'm just shootin to graduate college before I gotta break out the ol' razor.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I imagining things or is my hair thicker? It certainly feels thicker but it could be just dodgy lighting?