doug walker (nostalgia critic) (bald) vs james rolfe (avgn) (balding)

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all people want to settle down before their 40's

My existence means a bit more to me than merely being a sperm donor. How about things like becoming succesful professionally, take care of the people around you, have multiple great relationships, contribute to society etc...?

Oh boy....
"Daddy, why did you want to make a baby with mommy?"
"Well kiddo, I just had to prove that I had sex and once was good looking"

Uhm... what?

What's the deal with you having to prove yourself to other people?
the dude is a joke, ignore him, he's legit a clown

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all people want to settle down before their 40's
Neither did I, but it's not a risk worth taking, especially if you have male pattern baldness.

having kids? its great on a normal world. not the "survival of the fittest" type of hell we live in.
What a negative way of looking at the world.

Listen guys, the thought of being single and bald wasn't the only factor that led me to have a kid. I'm here to spread the word that sometimes the best way to beat male pattern baldness is to "quit when your ahead". I know, we all want to be George Clooney when we're 45, but it was just on in the genetic cards for most people. And I hate to break it to you now - but hairloss treatments/transplants/etc. usually don't work. So if your with that special someone, don't f*** around because you never know if your going to find someone like that. Back to the main point: James Rolfe is happy, and you can be too if your smart about things.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither did I, but it's not a risk worth taking, especially if you have male pattern baldness.

Listen guys, the thought of being single and bald wasn't the only factor that led me to have a kid. I'm here to spread the word that sometimes the best way to beat male pattern baldness is to "quit when your ahead". I know, we all want to be George Clooney when we're 45, but it was just on in the genetic cards for most people. And I hate to break it to you now - but hairloss treatments/transplants/etc. usually don't work. So if your with that special someone, don't f*** around because you never know if your going to find someone like that. Back to the main point: James Rolfe is happy, and you can be too if your smart about things.

so are you also gonna suck up to your wife and be a little puppy until the rest of days out of the fear that she might leave you one day and then you will not be able to get into another relationship? sounds pretty pathetic to me.
settling down now when you "look best" because of the worry that you won't look good later and won't be able to settle down then is sad and pathetic.

yes many people do it, doesn't mean it's good, it's pretty unfair for the person that does it and their spouse when they just settle down for such reasons, I'd rather be alone forever than settle down because I think I can't get better.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

not all bald guys are the same. some of us dont earn enough to raise a kid

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
nope. only on his reviews because he wants to look like a movie director and they always wear hats
Everything you said in that short sentence is either nonsense and/or factually false.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Just cuz they didn't work for you doesn't mean they won't work for others

Why won't a transplant work. You get grafts that frame your face with a hairline instead of being a plain egghead, and they last permanently or at least until you're very old.

And people who get treatments can halt their hair loss until they're in the position where they can settle down, which is what you recommend here.

I feel like you come up with arguments that suit your own agenda out of sheer convenience to stick with the same narrative, regardless of whether it's true or not, but that's fine.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
James doesn't need to worry about male pattern baldness, he defeated it already. He settled down and had his first kid many years ago when his balding started to become noticeable, just like prince Harry, just like many of the other men you will meet who 'coincidentally' settled down around the time their hair started to thin, and moved onto the next phase of their life. He didn't hang out on a hair loss forum in self loathing taking finasteride, RU, and all the other snakeoils until his hair was gone and settling down was no longer a possiblility. Time is precious, hair loss is only the first inevitability, move fast.

Only it's not an inevitability for a good many men and it certainly wasn't for James Rolfe, and basically saying "suck it up and take it up the keister and accept that you're a dumpy balding f***" is such a horribly cynical message to offer other men.

I'm lucky I have a good wife, we've been together a long *** time and we're still good, but many men if they do what you're doing, they're basically doing the equivalent of a woman allowing herself to become 400 pounds. The boomer concept of evolving into some balding troglodyte and tossing aside the vestiges of your youth is not something many wives will accept.

Men owe it to themselves to keep themselves sharp, having a kid is not an excuse to be a f*****g slob.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
wife+oh+waitis+she+a+big+fat+person_44c237_4091902.jpg

His wife btw.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just cuz they didn't work for you doesn't mean they won't work for others

Why won't a transplant work. You get grafts that frame your face with a hairline instead of being a plain egghead, and they last permanently or at least until you're very old.

And people who get treatments can halt their hair loss until they're in the position where they can settle down, which is what you recommend here.

I feel like you come up with arguments that suit your own agenda out of sheer convenience to stick with the same narrative, regardless of whether it's true or not, but that's fine.
Basically if you have good beard donor you can go from nw6 to 2. Beard donor is extreamly thick if you have a thick beard genetics. And mine grows full like every 5 days. Maybe i have hope

This is my current state

What do you think?

Attachments

• 20201120_161203.jpg
    20201120_161203.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 78

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically if you have good beard donor you can go from nw6 to 2. Beard donor is extreamly thick if you have a thick beard genetics. And mine grows full like every 5 days. Maybe i have hope

This is my current state

What do you think?

You need to build your front and midscalp bro. It's important to use donor hair on the front, beard grafts are thicker but the hair quality won't be the same. Donor hair will look more nautral. The surgeon will probably give you a hairline that's 7cm on the center from your eyebrows (in terms of height), but tell him you want it to be 6cm. Maybe you can transplant temple peaks too (google it).

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to build your front and midscalp bro. It's important to use donor hair on the front, beard grafts are thicker but the hair quality won't be the same. Donor hair will look more nautral. The surgeon will probably give you a hairline that's 7cm on the center from your eyebrows (in terms of height), but tell him you want it to be 6cm. Maybe you can transplant temple peaks too (google it).
But the question is. If beard keep growing after youl use it. Because if so you can harvast it every few days

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
But the question is. If beard keep growing after youl use it. Because if so you can harvast it every few days
You only use the beard hairs that are on your neck for the transplant, you don't need them anyway. Maybe I will transplant them on the crown/midscalp in the future too.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you take follicles from any part of your body they're gone from that part, so no, no more neck beard after you get the follicles transplanted.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No man needs neck and nape hair. The only question is are they worth transplanting or will the hairs look ugly and it's better to leave balding.

Outside of the US and possibly europe there is also leg hair being used, and I guess among some ethnicities it may well be useful -enough- if you're only looking for short cropped hairstyles as leg hair does not seem to grow indefinitely as does hair of the beard or other places.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No man needs neck and nape hair. The only question is are they worth transplanting or will the hairs look ugly and it's better to leave balding.
this aint the problem. the problem is there isnt enough donor for a fully bald head. i get how it works for those who slowly receding hairline but not fully bald guys

however i keep seeing videos like this and i think they a scam and the guy is using toppik or an hairpiece