doug walker (nostalgia critic) (bald) vs james rolfe (avgn) (balding)

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 example of 2 youtube stars with millions of views that are both belong to the 2 opposite groups. one is the "just shave it bro" group doug walker. he was balding for years and yet he never actually cared about that. then he just shaved his head and continued to not give a sh*t about it. i admire him for that. even when i think hes an absolute retard with shitty content

1605914396666.png

the other one is james rolfe (angry video game nerd) he unlike the other one aren't able to accept his hair loss. hes around nw5 however he always wear wigs. or toppik or other things that improves his hairline

despite everyone knows he balding he still can't show his bald head on his videos.

1605914543599.png

1605914642653.jpeg

Attachments

• 1605914717785.jpeg
    1605914717785.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 1605914717417.png
    1605914717417.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
James doesn't need to worry about male pattern baldness, he defeated it already. He settled down and had his first kid many years ago when his balding started to become noticeable, just like prince Harry, just like many of the other men you will meet who 'coincidentally' settled down around the time their hair started to thin, and moved onto the next phase of their life. He didn't hang out on a hair loss forum in self loathing taking finasteride, RU, and all the other snakeoils until his hair was gone and settling down was no longer a possiblility. Time is precious, hair loss is only the first inevitability, move fast.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
James doesn't need to worry about male pattern baldness, he defeated it already. He settled down and had his first kid many years ago when his balding started to become noticeable, just like prince Harry, just like many of the other men you will meet who 'coincidentally' settled down around the time their hair started to thin, and moved onto the next phase of their life. He didn't hang out on a hair loss forum in self loathing taking finasteride, RU, and all the other snakeoils until his hair was gone and settling down was no longer a possiblility. Time is precious, hair loss is only the first inevitability, move fast.
then why he continuesly hides his baldness?

INT

Reaction score

I don't care how many kids I get, I will always care about my hair. Also, depending on where you are from, it is very likely that you will get a divorce at some point.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then why he continuesly hides his baldness?
If he really wanted to hide it he could get a transplant, use concealer or hair system, or just shave it bro, but its not his #1 priority. He has enough money and even enough editorial power over his videos that if he really cared he could make it air tight.
I don't care how many kids I get, I will always care about my hair. Also, depending on where you are from, it is very likely that you will get a divorce at some point.
Of course, even I care about my hair still, so do multimillionairs and movie stars. But you dont understand that if you do the appropriate thing and settle down, it doesn't become the all consuming thing:
1. You have already done the one job you were born to do: reproduce.
2. Having a kid is proof you've had sex, and everyone will know you were attractive to someone at some point
3. Even if you get a divorce, you are tied to that woman forever. Even if her next boyfriend is some NW1 best looking man in the world, you will always have a one-up on him, because she had your kid first.
4. You will die one day, and the best way to further your legacy is to concentrate on making sure your kids have the best, not preserving your hair.

If some 24 year old junior in the office ever points out or mocks my hair loss, all I do is fire back "wait until you have kids / wait until you have my job" and it pretty much shuts it all down right there, I win, I'm on another level. You wouldn't understand yet.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he really wanted to hide it he could get a transplant, use concealer or hair system, or just shave it bro, but its not his #1 priority. He has enough money and even enough editorial power over his videos that if he really cared he could make it air tight.

Of course, even I care about my hair still, so do multimillionairs and movie stars. But you dont understand that if you do the appropriate thing and settle down, it doesn't become the all consuming thing:
2. Having a kid is proof you've had sex, and everyone will know you were attractive to someone at some point
3. Even if you get a divorce, you are tied to that woman forever. Even if her next boyfriend is some NW1 best looking man in the world, you will always have a one-up on him, because she had your kid first.
4. You will die one day, and the best way to further your legacy is to concentrate on making sure your kids have the best, not preserving your hair.

If some 24 year old junior in the office ever points out or mocks my hair loss, all I do is fire back "wait until you have kids / wait until you have my job" and it pretty much shuts it all down right there, I win, I'm on another level. You wouldn't understand yet.
getting kids is a punishment in today's society.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah but it's all just banter. And bringing a kid to this world just to silence coworkers seems selfish. You have earned your stripes though, you have the right to do it.

Interestingly:

"Today, women are nearly 31 when they first give birth, whereas a generation ago it was 24 years old."

The average age of the father is like 33-34.

resu

Reaction score
James looks absolutely awful in the latest videos, scrawny, sickly looking skin, terrible white shirt, awful looking glasses, trashy tribal tattoo, massive comb-over, he's playing a nerd, the balding would actually fit the stereotypical nerd scientist look, either buzzing it off or getting a FUE would be better than whatever he's doing. He needs some kind of image manager.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
James looks absolutely awful in the latest videos, scrawny, sickly looking skin, terrible white shirt, awful looking glasses, trashy tribal tattoo, massive comb-over, he's playing a nerd, the balding would actually fit the stereotypical nerd scientist look, either buzzing it off or getting a FUE would be better than whatever he's doing. He needs some kind of image manager.
i actually like him way more when hes calm and talk about movies he likes. in the AVGN series he tries too hard and its look un-authentic. his other videos are legitimately interesting.

resu

Reaction score
i actually like him way more when hes calm and talk about movies he likes. in the AVGN series he tries too hard and its look un-authentic. his other videos are legitimately interesting.
He's wearing a cap and his hair is clearly buzzed in those videos, I think for the nerd videos they shoot all in the same day.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score

This is funny on so many levels.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly:

"Today, women are nearly 31 when they first give birth, whereas a generation ago it was 24 years old."

The average age of the father is like 33-34.
Yup, just like me when I became a father at the age of 32. Seems sort of a coincidence doesn't it, in our superficial world, that the average age of men to become a father just so happens to be the age when male pattern baldness starts to show for most men.

Balding James Rolfe will go onto have a successful life filled with accomplishments, children, and grandchildren. Doug "just shave it bro" Walker is 39 years old, has a pet cat, and unlikely to be here in the next 5-10 years.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, just like me when I became a father at the age of 32. Seems sort of a coincidence doesn't it, in our superficial world, that the average age of men to become a father just so happens to be the age when male pattern baldness starts to show for most men.

Balding James Rolfe will go onto have a successful life filled with accomplishments, children, and grandchildren. Doug "just shave it bro" Walker is 39 years old, has a pet cat, and unlikely to be here in the next 5-10 years.
Damn that's sad, does he have a disease or something? 39 is pretty late but not too late. I had a private teacher who struggled with women so he learned pick up advice (literally signed up to courses, read books, had group meetings with other PUA dudes), it didn't help much I think cuz he flew to Asia every once in a while to get laid. He finally met someone online from another country and brought her over here, they got married and at the end he won cuz she was good looking. He had hair though, I can't even imagine his struggle if he didn't.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 example of 2 youtube stars with millions of views that are both belong to the 2 opposite groups. one is the "just shave it bro" group doug walker. he was balding for years and yet he never actually cared about that. then he just shaved his head and continued to not give a sh*t about it.
maxresdefault.jpg

He hid his receding hairline under a cringe hat for over a decade.

INT

Reaction score
But you dont understand that if you do the appropriate thing and settle down, it doesn't become the all consuming thing:
Not all people want to settle down before their 40's

My existence means a bit more to me than merely being a sperm donor. How about things like becoming succesful professionally, take care of the people around you, have multiple great relationships, contribute to society etc...?

Oh boy....
"Daddy, why did you want to make a baby with mommy?"
"Well kiddo, I just had to prove that I had sex and once was good looking"

Uhm... what?

What's the deal with you having to prove yourself to other people?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
These sound like truly great reasons to have kids. This forum is still comedy gold.:D:D

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

those are horrible reasons to have kids. having a kid is nice only if you can provide him a good life and you know your wife really loves you with no doubt. which in that case you need hair.

imagine bring a kid to this world when you barely have any money so he will have a shitty childhood which will shape him forever to be a loser. imagine that. imagine him hating you for that. imagine him become a useless thug. we use the word subhuman alot here. there people who are actual subhumans. who's fathers and mothers are subhuman as well and they grow up to be low class idiots like their parents. i don't want it.

if im not having a kid i'm not risking him to have a shitty life. on the contrary. true he wouldn't exist. but since he he never existed before no damage was done. i actually see comments of people on the internet about people who don't want kids and they all talk like they brought a kid to this world for their own benefits. things like "its so fun to have a child" and so on. lol. they literally have no legit reason to have a child rather then to do it cuz everyone do it.

having kids? its great on a normal world. not the "survival of the fittest" type of hell we live in.

who the hell gain anything from having a kid when your poor? you live a shitty life cuz you work like a slave just to finance your child and your child live a shitty life cuz he have a terrible childhood. i had a terrible childhood and i dont wish it on anybody else. my childhood. my family financial problems, my abusive father has shaped me to this day.