Doubts need help

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for so much questions, but i can't find them and those are my last questions before i start my treatment, so a help would be huge for me:

1) Does washing the hair more frequently makes it more oily? And washing the hair doesn't make more hair fall, isn't that bad?

2) My hair turns oily in 2/3 days, and we all know that rogaine and other topical products are better applied in a washed scalp, but the other way, the hair takes 24 hours to dry completely so washing it frequently would stimulate more oil and don’t let the hair dry, beiing wet all the time right? so, what do you recommend for a guy in a rogaine treatment: wash it everyday or once two days or once three days? What’s better for healthy hair?

3) What rogaine do you think is better? And your patients have better results? Foam or liquid? I've readed some posts saying foam should be better but i think Dr. Bernstein said foam stays in the hair instead of the scalp.

4) Rogaine foam and liquid says to apply 1ml or a cap, but this is because it's only for vertex. I've readed rogaine works in all head, so for covering all head i would need 4ml liquid or 4/5 caps of foam, how much do you recommend?

5) Can i alternate between foam and liquid? Like liquid and night and foam at the morning?

6) Nizoral says we should let it be in the scalp for 3/5minutes but this is the application for dandruff, if i'm using for make my hair fight alopecia how many time should i apply it in the scalp and how many times per week, what do you recommend?

7) Based on the studies you know and read, is nizoral the best shampoo? Or revita or tricomin or revivogen are better? Based in in vitro, clinical studies and your patients what would you recommend for a anti-hair loss regime shampoo?

8) azelaic acid:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azelaic_acid
"zelaic acid may be useful as a hair growth stimulant."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flutamide

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone
"can be used as a topical medication for treatment of male baldness."

Do you think this information is reliable? They also say flutamide can cause severe problems, what about topical flutamide?

I'm searching for a complement of rogaine and propecia, so based in clinical studies or in vitro and your patients, do you recommend anything else? Like flutamide gel, spironolactone gel? Because i read so much people trying so many products in the foruns.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude the bottom line is, you're trying to gather a substantial amount of info with one thread. So at first glance most people are going to stay away simply because they figure it's better to not answer anything at all rather than partially answer your question. But I'll change the tone by answering what I know and invite someone else to finish off what I don't know.

2. I don't think there's any research on how often you should wash your hair when using rogaine. I understand what you're asking on whether or not it's going to be able to penetrate a dirty scalp/oily scalp but it truly depends on the person. Depending on the conditions of your scalp you should make that determination. The main thing is that you're applying it at all and not missing applications.

3. Different types of minoxidil works better for some and worse for others. You'll find that a lot of answers to your questions are completely dependent on the individual person's physiology and how they respond to treatments. So remember when dealing with hairloss you're not going to get definite answers most of the time and it can be frustrating.

4. A lot of people have had success with minoxidil all over their head. Usually a person can gauge how much to use as they apply it. If it's dripping off your head like you just turned a minoxidil faucet on, then it's probably too much. Just make sure it adequately covers the affected areas and then go from there.

5. Some people alternate and see success, but again it's dependent on a person's ability to respond to the treatments.

7. So far most people have had better success with nizoral. Or at least it's the most talked about on this site. I'd go with nizoral for the reason that the other shampoos you've listed either don't get much press or just get negative press.

As for the info from Wikipedia I don't know much in that area.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Doubts & studies need help

Hi PersonGuy, thanks for the awesome answer! Really thanks!

It's a shame that this forum doesn't have "thank+ you's".

1) Does washing the hair more frequently makes it more oily? And washing the hair doesn't make more hair fall, isn't that bad? -> after some research this is a myth.

And yes it's really frustrating, i really need to try myself the products.

If someone can help:

6) Nizoral says we should let it be in the scalp for 3/5minutes but this is the application for dandruff, if i'm using for make my hair fight alopecia how many time should i apply it in the scalp and how many times per week, what do you recommend?

8) azelaic acid:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azelaic_acid
"zelaic acid may be useful as a hair growth stimulant."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flutamide

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone
"can be used as a topical medication for treatment of male baldness."

Do you think this information is reliable? They also say flutamide can cause severe problems, what about topical flutamide?

I'm searching for a complement of rogaine and propecia, so based in clinical studies or in vitro and your patients, do you recommend anything else? Like flutamide gel, spironolactone gel? Because i read so much people trying so many products in the foruns.

hbdale309

Reaction score
Re: Doubts & studies need help

striker9 said:

I've read where hairloss doctors say to keep the nizoral on for about 5 minutes. I personally keep it on for 3 to 5 minutes nowadays, but had great success when not leaving it in at all.

I use the 1 percent version every other day, but had excellent success using it only twice a week.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
But you were at the same time with another hair loss treatment? Couldn't be from nizoral don't know.

I'm trying to use it every other day.

hbdale309

Reaction score
striker9 said:
But you were at the same time with another hair loss treatment? Couldn't be from nizoral don't know.

Nope, it was definitely from the nizoral. I was only using Nizoral at the time. After a few months my hair was a lot thicker and had stopped falling out. I'm convinced I had re-growth as well.

I started using it every other day about 2 months ago, because I read where a Doctor said the 1 percent was most effective at 4 days a week and left on for 5 minutes. Who knows for sure?

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
More thicker hair just from nizoral?

don't we're you using propecia or minoxidil?

That's too good!

I started using revita every other day and nizoral 2% every other days, i alternate the two product, let's wait.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score

That's too good!

I started using revita every other day and nizoral 2% every other days, i alternate the two product, let's wait.

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score

That's too good!

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
????????

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score

That's too good!