Doubts about my Proscar prescription...

samedaytime

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My doctor prescribed me Proscar and told me to have half a pill, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

That's only 3 times a week, at 2.5mg a hit.

From what I've read in these forums, it doesn't seem like a very good way to take this stuff; I've read that Finasteride has a very short half-life and that doses over 1mg are useless any way.

Is my doctor wrong? I've been doing this for almost 5 months now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he might've recommended u to take it every 2 days because it's a bit of a hassle to split the pill and get 1.25mg every day (which is the closest people usually get to the recommended 1mg/day). but i'd suggest u split proscar into quarters to get 1.25mg daily.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
he might've recommended u to take it every 2 days because it's a bit of a hassle to split the pill and get 1.25mg every day (which is the closest people usually get to the recommended 1mg/day). but i'd suggest u split proscar into quarters to get 1.25mg daily.

thats what I do. I use a surgical scalpel that I purchased from an arts & crafts store for cheap and it works fantastic.

samedaytime

Reaction score
ah..

thanks for the feedback, I think I'm gonna start splitting em into quarters.

I'm still curious though, have the past 5 months been in vain? I'm still not exactly sure how it all works...

Does anyone know if 2.5 mg every Monday, Wednesday and Friday is effective at all?