Dosage

Vega

Reaction score
hi ive just started taking proscar at a dosage of half a tablet a day. I think this works out at 2.5mg daily (they are little blue tablets, in a packet with the days of the week marked out)

i was wondering if anyone knew about the "normal" dosage that proscar would be taken at?? i've heard conflicting reports and would appreciate you guys advice - has anyone got the same drug as me?

thanks
Kev

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
For hairloss most people take 1/4 of the tablet...

For people with prostate issues they take the whole tablet.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Karate_Kev said:
hi ive just started taking proscar at a dosage of half a tablet a day. I think this works out at 2.5mg daily (they are little blue tablets, in a packet with the days of the week marked out)

i was wondering if anyone knew about the "normal" dosage that proscar would be taken at?? i've heard conflicting reports and would appreciate you guys advice - has anyone got the same drug as me?

thanks
Kev

Kev - the "prescribed" dosage (for hairloss) is 1 mg daily, or 1/5 of a proscar tab daily.

A lot of folks cut their proscar tabs into quarters - which is easier than cutting them into fifths.

Some take this 1.25 mg dosage everyday, and some take the 1.25 mg for 4 days straight, skip day 5, then start all over again.

I think if you're taking proscar to help w/ your hairloss, then 1/2 proscar tab is way too much. Like Nervx said, people w/ enlarged prostates take the full 5 mg tab; but for hairloss - it's a 1mg daily dose.

Vega

Reaction score
thanks alot for the advice guys, im glad i asked dont wanna take to high a dosage