Dosage and Body Weight=sides?

FunkTube

Reaction score
I recently quit finasteride about 2 weeks ago (I had been on 5 months) due to weakened sensitivity in my boy, often painful or itchy urethra after ejaculation, feeling generally like $#iT, and in a fog day in and day out....I feel great since I stopped...but I'm noticing a lot of stray hairs again....I like how my hair is right now and I'd just love to keep it all for as long as I can...so then I got thinking:

I've been on 1mg daily, but I only weigh about 130lbs.... so I was thinking maybe the 1mg was a little too much and I'd try .5 for a while and see if i could handle things a little better.... but hell, If I could even cut it to .25 and still be effective it's a no brainer, I'd be saving a $#iT ton of money and hopefully minimum minimum minimum effects.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

r1989

Reaction score
If you stop taking finasteride then the loose strands will continue to fall out and it's possible to lose all the hair you've gained/maintained within 12 months. I'd lower the dosage and get back on it if your hair is really important to you.

edit: how much hair did you grow in the 5 months?

FunkTube

Reaction score
edit: how much hair did you grow in the 5 months?

really tough to say... I was growing it fairly long, about 5" maybe more, trying to hide my hairline a little, I finally got a nice short cut though and am pretty pleased with how i look right now.

I know I was still losing a fair amount of hair in the shower and when combing, but I am not at liberty to say how much is just natural and how much is male pattern baldness, y'know?

just popped .5 in my mouth, looks like I'm back on the stuff for a while....

still appreciate any info, comments, advice, etc...

bubka

Reaction score
body weight is hardy ever a factor when doing drug dosages... .5 is roughly as effective as 1mg regardless of weight

FunkTube

Reaction score
bubka said:
body weight is hardy ever a factor when doing drug dosages... .5 is roughly as effective as 1mg regardless of weight

what are you basing that upon?

G

FunkTube said:
bubka said:

what are you basing that upon?

what is he basing the finasteride dosage effectiveness on? from graphs from the finasteride data. 0.5 mg a day is really almost the same as taking 1 mg per day. Almost.