Do's and Don'ts of taking pictures to show your current hair situation

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like some lighting i assume makes it look worse than it may be or maybe certain angles... I dunno, just looking for suggestions before i post mine. Thanks

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use a well lit room (maybe a bathroom mirror) take a bunch at different angles. Go back to the same room at the same distance from the light with the same length hair and take the same photos in a few months. Repeat this process every few months and in a couple years (if you’re on medication) hopefully you see no change

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yoadrian
Avoid harsh down lights, spot lights, fluorescent lights. Bathrooms often contain these.
When taking comparison photos, I’d argue these lights are better to get a full view of what’s going on. Ofc this isn’t representative of average conditions but it’s a good reference point for comparisons

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are thinning diffusely, you really have to make sure you always take your pictures in the exact same place, with the exact same lighting conditions. Light can make a world of difference to how your hair looks. And my hair looks better using my iPhone camera than using the iPad camera.
I take pictures of the back of my head in the lift - always the same (horrible) light.

jazz1

Reaction score
I think light/wet/dry/zoom take all the pictures that way you can track better progress when treatments work.

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use a well lit room (maybe a bathroom mirror) take a bunch at different angles. Go back to the same room at the same distance from the light with the same length hair and take the same photos in a few months. Repeat this process every few months and in a couple years (if you’re on medication) hopefully you see no change
Thanks for tking the time to respond

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should i move more under the light, because i'm not directly under it. I'm sure it will look worse.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 2.45.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 2.45.31 PM.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 80

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good lightining shows the truth. My hair looks completely Fine, but under harsh lightining I realize How fucked up my forelock is. Is unbealivable.

Last edited:

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good lightining shows the truth. My hair looks compemtely Fine, but under harsh lightining I realize How fucked up my forelock is. Is unbealivable.thanks fo
Thanks for replying............Ha...yea, i took a pic pretty much directly under the light... f*** me.. is what i said....i'll post the rest of my pics on friday