Do's And Don't Of Styling Your Hair System

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
My pieces have become so short that the only styling product I use is a leave-in spray conditioner. I use one specifically made for human hair wigs. It is a little pricey than the other ones (and there are tons of them) it is called "Awesome wig leave-in conditioner spray" I use it like water! Of course, I don't use the bottle it comes in...they never spray well anyway. I purchased a few spray bottles on eBay and use them.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that out!

What length do you keep your hair at?

seanvandamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually on dry hair. I don't really use any other product except sometimes a tiny bit of wax on the front.

I didn't know Huang Xiaoming wears a system. When did that come out?

Besides adding shine to hair, does argan oil have other benefits? I would assume it doesn't have any virtues as a styling product.

It's been an open secret in the Chinese entertainment industry that Huang Xiaoming, Jay Chou and JJ Lin are wearing hairpieces. I have a couple of Chinese entertainment sites that go into detail about this. I'm surprised you know who Huang Xiaoming is!

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Diesel, thanks for the tips.

I notice that new hairpieces always look extra shiny and poofy. Does hair oil help to achieve that look? I'm thinking I might want to try avoiding that as I don't wanna draw extra attention to my hair.

Could you elaborate on what you meant by 'start contract' and how exactly hair gel actually prevents that?

Thanks!

oops. that was supposed to say 'stark contrast' . I didn't proof read obviously. When I use hair gel, I spritz my hair to get is ever so damp - then run my fingers thru my hair to work the gel in. It gives my hair a wet look. Its a common style to have that wet look - so when I start to sweat , the top of my hair looks wet and matches the hair on the sides.

It really is an exercise in illusion to find that process that works for me. But the fact of it all is, people really don't notice - and if they did, it would be nothing more than an a passing thought that your hairs id different - as natural as systems look today - no one says, oh he's wearing a toupee.

As for the poofyness - that lasts only a few day's. I don't think the hair oil really does much for the puffiness, but because it does have a bit of a 'wet look', hair tends to cling together, as wet hair does', and you may feel like you have big hair - it doesn't look like it to others. by now, the 'poof' is gone by now, I would think.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Things I wished I had known about styling when I got my first system:

Avoid hairspray.
Use lots of leave-in conditioner for styling purposes.
Don't leave the hair dry and expect it to look normal. This hair isn't alive and will look "dead" unless you put some effort into it.
A more realistic style is one that isn't perfect. Try creating a style where you brush/comb it, and then ruffle through the hair with your fingers.

PERFECT ADVICE!!