Dont wanna give up but .....

pitcke

Reaction score
Hi All users,
I am 29 years from India now.
Started loosing hair at some 2 years ago, no one in my family of hair loss except me.
I did all the tests when it started and it came out that i am Vitamin D deficient, didnt pay attention to it anyways.
Went to a doctor very late he said to use 10% minioxidl from india, i used that , had good regrowth but my hair quality overall became thin and limpy, dont knw because of what .
Anyways i continued using that, shedding continued, and then hair line became worse, dont know why.
Ordered Lipogaine, continued using that , then some regrowth , hair line still bad, hair shedding from all over the head.
I used to have very thick hair , now it is bad, loosing confidence now.
I had a hair transplant to fix the hair line, and continued applying minioxidl on that , dont know if it matters..Last year somewhere in september i started having Propeca from Inhouse pharmcy (Brand ) around 80$ for 28 caplets. I started having it every other day, not everyday, continued applying rogaine, through not regularly but tablet on a regular basis.
Still shedding hair till date, overall hair quality and i have a feeling my transplanted hair is also gone, did minoxidil caused it , i dont know, felt like money went down the drain , dont know.
Guys so what to do now ? i really dont want to loose help, please help.
This is my regime :

evryday shampoo herbal
sometime regenpure
everyday viviscal tablet
1mg Propecia evry other day.
Minioxidal roagine foam on hair line

Condition of hair becoming worse, should i accept that no medicine will work for me, had transplant as well, unhppy with the result.

Help me guys.
Should i take 1mg Propecia everyday ,it would be costly though.
What else do i do...
Afraid of combing hair as well.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
I surprised you got a transplant without using propecia. You can buy generic finasteride from local pharmacies or even online. It's a fraction of the price of brand names like "propecia".

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
It is hard to say what is causing your hair loss but it may be an underlying condition (ilness). You need to drop all the garbage you are using at the moment wait 1 month and make a full blood work and hormone levels tested.
The vitaimins you are useing are complete scam.

pitcke

Reaction score
diaablodh ,
Do you knw think so , i did most of the tests :
1)Iron test - normal
2)Thyrid test - normal
3)Vitamin d - deficient

what else you want me to get tested

- - - Updated - - -

0-100real quick,

cud be you are right, but ppl say their transplated hair is fixed
also , what could cause my hair to limp over time

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
That could be the case but it may be something else, loosing hair transplant means that it is not DHT that kills your hair it is something else.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously you continue to loose hair so regimen is not ok. Don't try to treat the symptom when you don't know the cause. As I said before drop everything it is not helping you wait 1 month to stabilize your hormone levels and make tests.
Vitamin D deficiency is dangerous find what is causing it as this vitamin is naturally produced by the body and there are several diseases that could cause this and hair loss is only a symptom.

pitcke

Reaction score
i thought vitamin d gets from sun light, that's what i always thought
i went to doctor recently and he gave me hope that i need to continue taking pills, not sure why

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
what the hell early hair transplant even before taking propecia? Anyway if you have no sides stick with fina and minoxidil for a year, and why your Propecia tablet are so expensive in india? Here in europe a merck original tablet are around 55€ irc = 70$

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ coz hes importing! even though we get generics for the lowest price in the world that is less than 3$ for 30tabs of dr.Reddys Finax/cipla's Finpecia which costs a lot more in other countries and most use the same. He seems to be ignorant and probably trying to troll us. Anyways this reply is for you Dikek.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude im gonna be honest with you
YOU ARE WAYYYY TOO DESPERATE
Give us an exact timeline like wheb you started your regimen and when did you have your transplant and the date.Also post your hairline pics.
Also you SHOULD switch to generics if you really live in india.I mean come onnn we export meds to other countries..
Also as you are 29 id say finasteride is pretty much safe and as for lipogaine and the fancy items drop em all.
You are just wasting your money.

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yep. Just buy foods rich in vitamin D. Eat eggs,meat and take cod liver oil. To me it's still hard to believe that you're deficient in vit D. When the doctor told you that you're deficient the first step you should have taken was to search the internet on foods that are rich in vitamin D and take that. I'm not trying to be rude with you but you're just not making any sense to me!

Hari

Reaction score
you should take finasteride 1 mg daily. Buy generic finasteride called Finax 1 mg from Dr.Reddy or Finabald 1mg. Its very cheap just Rs.3.50 only in India.

pitcke

Reaction score
Guys i am serious in whatever i wrote.
I did test on vitamin d and i was deficient.
One question, though, does minoxidil cause hair loss, i have been rogaine 5% for 3 months now, but noticed my hair getting thinned.
I use minoxidil on my transplanted so that they could have grown fast, now i think they are weak.
should i stop using minoxidil forever ?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys please help, my confidence is going down

- - - Updated - - -

Hari ,
Is your regime working, what are you using exactly and for how long

- - - Updated - - -

Sherya,
Perhaps you are misunderstanding, i am really trying to get help.
Also if your from India, what are you using ? Any good

- - - Updated - - -

Dude im gonna be honest with you
YOU ARE WAYYYY TOO DESPERATE
Give us an exact timeline like wheb you started your regimen and when did you have your transplant and the date.Also post your hairline pics.
Also you SHOULD switch to generics if you really live in india.I mean come onnn we export meds to other countries..
Also as you are 29 id say finasteride is pretty much safe and as for lipogaine and the fancy items drop em all.
You are just wasting your money.

What's your exact regime ?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im using 10% minoxidil with 2% ketaconazole shampoo.
Post your pics and put up the date of your Hair Transplant and when did you start your regimen.Those things are very important.
minoxidil causes shedding of hair which is good coz weak hair are falling off. Its a sign of efficiency.
If you jump on finastride then you have to take it till you want your hair to stay.
Also pls try to stop worrying so much.
Transplanted hair take ATLEAST 1 year to grow properly.Id
suggest a PRP treatment to help those transplanted hair blossom although minoxidil is enough for now.
Vitamin D levels are not of much relevance.You bones won't break or anything.If it makes you go out more then its good.
Also try to post your questions in a simple manner.You are all over the field.

Hari

Reaction score
I'm using finax and minoxidil 5% from last april 2014. Still I'm shedding but my density of hair not reduced.