Don’t Underestimate The Power Of Confidence

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im working in management where quite a few of my colleagues are bald/balding, where I am the best looking one. They are however doing better than me professionally from being extremely confident with great presentation skills.

Similarly, I recently got rejected by a girl before meeting from her not feeling a spark. Again, down to a lack of confidence!

I get that hair loss sucks, but without confidence it is difficult to succeed.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im working in management where quite a few of my colleagues are bald/balding, where I am the best looking one. They are however doing better than me professionally from being extremely confident with great presentation skills.

Similarly, I recently got rejected by a girl before meeting from her not feeling a spark. Again, down to a lack of confidence!

I get that hair loss sucks, but without confidence it is difficult to succeed.
Lack of spark can also translate as lack of attraction which is often deeply entwined with physical appearance.

As for the confidence; it certainly wont hurt. People with positive mind sets statistically stay healthier, earn more, and perform better in sports than pessimists.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks matter, no doubt, but many people underestimate confidence, body language and communication skills and that's the reason why a lot of people won't succeed, regardless of the look. It doesn't help to use your look as excuse for not giving 100% and trying everything to be the best version of yourself.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lack of spark can also translate as lack of attraction which is often deeply entwined with physical appearance.

As for the confidence; it certainly wont hurt. People with positive mind sets statistically stay healthier, earn more, and perform better in sports than pessimists.

True, in this instance though ‘lack of spark’ happened over the phone before actually meeting!

So there was no way in her assessing how attractive I was in person.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not the dreaded "C" word.

Yes - as another poster posted confidence is more than just looks but body language, how one communicates etc which are powerful

My colleagues are ugly but a lot better at the above and it shows through in meetings

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, in this instance though ‘lack of spark’ happened over the phone before actually meeting!

So there was no way in her assessing how attractive I was in person.
Could be lack of good conversation or it could be she's dating someone else now. You know how it is with modern dating - most men and women date a few people at once in the early days.