don't let dickheads make bad comments about your hair

canigia

Reaction score
i beat the hell out of the last guy that mocked my receding hairline. why should we live in a society that demands completely perfect looks and has dickheads which try to take advantage of situations and promote themselves over anothers disandvantage (even a small one like mine). i just want to say two things: 1)don't lest all these idiots mock you about your hair loss 2) remember that when someone says something bad about your hair (it doesn't matter if its in private or in public) he practically insults in your face. i don't accept the opinion that they are not in your situation and are unable to understand it. i'm sure that most of you have noticed that bad comments come stricktly from men and most of the times in public. why it happens that women never notice your hairloss or even if they do it does not matter to them or they don't mention it? because women don't see men as opponents. when i was 19 i could just listen to these mockings and afterwards when i was alone i felt soooooo bad. but now at 23 i decided that i won't let anyone with bad intentions to make comments about my hair. i will fight right back because i still have my hair due to the treatments i do. if they insult you, insult them back and you wont see that ironic smile on their face. after all all of us have made courageous efforts about our hair and if someone insults our hair he does that also to our feelings, our ambitions and our efforts. when i reach 30 and i will still have all my hair (due to the treatments and most of all because i believe that i wont lose them) i will not laugh at those who used to mock me and now they dont have hair. i'll just feel sorry for them. so guys fight back. don't let anyone upset you and ruin your day. (why it happens that all these dickheads who insult us are ugly and don't have a way with women?). i noticed that because i'm quite hard on this matter i get only positive comments and my hair are healthy and growing. sometimes the whole matter is in your head; when you feel bad your hair look bad.

p.s the only one that still makes bad comments about my hair is one of my best friends and he does that also in public and in front of girls (the funny thing is that he's receding also but i would feel bad if i told him). what do you think i should do? propably i wont do anything. i assume he does that because he is shorter, less good looking and doesn't treat girls well. i will forgive him but it is only an exception.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats a fucked up thing for a friend to do, to mention your hairline in front of girls. And if he's receeding too, you should do the same. Let him know how it feels, teach him a lesson in empathy, 'cuz clearly he needs it.

The Gardener

Reaction score
You know, I had that same thing happen to me.. there is a very good friend of mine who had poked fun (albeit light-heartedly) at my receeding hairline. Now, he has a fcking HUGE thin patch on his crown, and my hairline really hasn't receeded any much more that it was. Oh, it is so so so suuuuch sweet revenge to hear him tell me of his worries about it, his insecurity. Now, after 8 years of dealing with it, I'm very thick-skinned about it. He has to learn that from scratch now, and don't expect me to make it any easier on him to do that, buwahaha!

Other replies that work when people make comments about your hair:

"I know you are but what am I"

"Yeah, but hairloss is testosterone related, and you should see how BIG my dick is"

or the infamous,

"Well Vin Diesel gets chicks?"

:p

Reaction score
Can u honestly remember not making fun of a nerd..or somebody with some other problem like acne,long nose,big ears and so on. If u have male pattern baldness the comments are inevitable.. just dont llet it affect u.Dont get so defensive and turn into the incredible hulk everytime someone takes a cheap shot at ur hair.U cant go around bashing ppl up .The best way to make someone stop is really to not give a damn..or atleast make that person think you dont give a damn..even if u cry all day about it at home.
Hey gardener i like ur regime espescially the green tea..dont u use propecia tho? Has ur hair improved gone down a norwood?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
BBT: The thing with male pattern baldness though is that unless you've been bald for a long time and are comfortable with it, it is one of those things that is so embarrasing that people shouldn't make fun of it. I know that if someone has bad acne i wouldn't say anything about it because it's one of those things he can't control thats equally embarrasing. If you make fun of afflictions like these then you must be one cruel dude. There's certain things you talk about out and others you don't. Especially in front of good-looking females!!!!!

canigia

Reaction score
moreover we are grown-ups now and we can understand that making comments about someone else's looks is cruel. personally i regretted picking on people with funny looks when i was at school. there are no inevitable comments about anything. negative comments come and go if you give the freedom to someone. and because i cannot pretend that i don't care i'll fight back. (i started this whole post because today i had an incident which really made me angry: i was walking with a guy and a girl. the guy is totally mad about this girl but that girl doesn't give a sh*t about him. the guy has never commented on my hair, i know him for 3 years. anyway the girl said that she remembered i had long hair 2 years ago and immedietly the guy says they have fallen now (i can assure they haven't- norwood 2 only the hairline and quite thick). now please tell me what would you do in such situation and i'll tell you what i did after i get some answers)

G

If you can dish it, you better be able to take it. This means across time and generations. What goes around, comes around my friends. Some people say stuff with a motive(specially when they are trying to make themselves look better) and others just do it to poke a little fun. You have to seperate the two, and then start the beat downs.

I prefer a baseball bat in most situations. I guess it really depends on how mad I get.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know man.. I definetly don't envy you. I probably would have blushed and said that my hairline has just undergone some natural recession and that it happens with lots of guys. If my friend was big enough of a jackass to make a comment like that, and he was balding too.. I'd be like you know what i mean, you've suffered from the same problem. I would never instigate something like that, but if my friend wants to bring it up then he deserves any comment he gets back.

Reaction score
let me guess canigia..u tore off ur shirt...made lion noises..started banging ur chest and beat the guy to a pulp.Anyway i would have just laughed it off and did same thing kramer did.

The Gardener

Reaction score
BaldBotakTakla said:
Hey gardener i like ur regime espescially the green tea..dont u use propecia tho? Has ur hair improved gone down a norwood?

My regime has been very very good to me. I've responded very well to it. I have the balding temples thang going on, but luckily no thinning at the crown. Now, the tops of my once-balding temples are very much 'rounded off' a bit. The hair ain't all that thick, but it is getting thicker. Not only that, but the sides of my little 'isthimus of panama' strip of hair right over my forehead that runs between my temples, well, this is getting thicker. Most of this, however, is not YET real substantial improvement to my hairline itself, the most dramatic improvement is in the existing hair in the 'isthimus of panama' area... it was once thin and wispy, now it is of similar texture and consistency to the rest of my hair. Fcking fantastic. In fact, I'm going to post a pix of my ugly mug as my avatar... keep in mind that this is a flattering picture, but it is dramatically better than how I used to be. I went from Kevin Costner, to this, and I am stoked. Well, if you pulled my hair back it wouldn't be quite as pretty, but at least it is thick enough to style?

I am religious in my regimen, always twice a day with the minoxidil, and twice a day as practical with the spironolactone. I get the spironolactone on as much as I can, even try to fit in a third application every day if even just on the hairline. I'm keeping finasteride in the back pocket for now. I know I did things in reverse, but oh well. Once my hairline stabilizes (give it a year or so) maybe then I will add in finasteride.

bob marley said:
If you can dish it, you better be able to take it. This means across time and generations. What goes around, comes around my friends. Some people say stuff with a motive(specially when they are trying to make themselves look better) and others just do it to poke a little fun. You have to seperate the two, and then start the beat downs.

I could not agree more, bob. If it ain't the hair, it will be something else. Over time, I really got rather thick-skinned about it. In fact, once I realized that despite a receeding hairline I could still hook up with the hot babies I realized that I was not as handicapped as I thought I was. I think canigia sums it up best:

canigia said:
nope. i just told him that its better to be bald than ugly. there goes the girl...

How true. Losing one's cool about a few assholish remarks will do nothing for your own prestige with the ladies. The ladies will react to your baldness by taking their cue from how YOU react to your baldness. If you appear to be self-conscious, sensitive, and timid about it, then they will treat you as such. If you react like you are confident, secure, and don't give a f*** because you are ten times the better man than they are then they will respond to you accordingly. The ladies are not stupid... they will see through the comments that these assholes make and see these assholes for the assholes that they are. There are times when a man just has to be a man, not let sh*t get the best of him.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Next time this happens inform this indivudial that your hair is thinning as the result of the chemotherapy treatments you are receiving to battle leukemia. That'll shut him up.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
BaldBotakTakla said:
Can u honestly remember not making fun of a nerd..or somebody with some other problem like acne,long nose,big ears and so on?

Damn, I have big ears, big nose, used to have acne but thanks to accutane-no more, and now Im losing my hair....thanks baldbotakala

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gardener you said something about girls like you better then an a**h** if your confident but the girls my age like assholes lol,i dont understand it!!!it pisses me off...btw gardener how long have you been on your regemen?your looks very similar to what i would like to be on

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
in my book there are two kind of guys who give you sh*t about losing your hair those who are already are losing theres, or those who think they will

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I have this problem all the time of my mates saying stuff about my hairloss, and yes, they do the same thing in front of girls who I don't know too. Its odd, I would never think of bringing up their personal afflictions in front of other people, or at all in fact. The funny thing is I was always the one who got the girls becuase of my looks, and I know my mates used to resent me for this. But if it goes on much longer I do plan to start giving them some abuse back, in particular is they bring it up in public. I generally just don't say anything much when they mention it, but next time I plan to use the "I'd rather lose hair than be an ugly bastard like you", I'm sure that will go down well :)

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about comments like that, it's usually to get a laugh because guys think bald jokes are funny and that their hummor will impress women. Maybe it will I don't know, but you have an answer to that preplanned if it pops up. how about
(f*** off, you estrogen riddled homosexual) I find this a good one.

jack

canigia

Reaction score
in my book there are two kind of guys who give you sh*t about losing your hair those who are already are losing theres, or those who think they will

i totally totally totally totally agree

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ep :freaked2:

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
its kinda like girls with the whole fat thing, a girl who is a little chubby or scared shes getting fat will, say the nastiest things a about a fat chick
and some one with no issues about it wont even notice
its the same as guys and hair