Don't know what's going on!

Regular guy

Reaction score
Since November 2015 I have been losing hair at massive rate! I have lost a lot of hair density and thickness.
I had so many hairs on my head that it was difficult for me to even style it.

Gone are those days and now my hair density is nowhere near to it. I have lost hair from my crown, side burns,back of the head (donor area) literally from everywhere.

Early in august I took some winstrol (anabolic steroid ) but didn't knew what it was, my friend gave it to me in a disguise saying that it's just some pre workout. I took it for no more than 4-5 weeks and discontinued after getting to know what it was.

I still believe that my hairloss is telogen effluvium but it could also be male pattern baldness.

Can anybody shine in some light to what it could be?
Thanks

behindemusgo

Reaction score
Hi there! So you are loosing hair from sides and back too? I am experiencing same hair loss pattern. In my case, I think it was triggered because of accutane. It could be DUPA, or Telogen Effluvium. Maybe your hair loss has been a consequence of those steroids. You can post some pics to see what's happening.

menbram

Reaction score
Winstrol is known for causing hairloss to people prone to it. It is a possibility that you are experiencing telogen effluvium, this happens in some individuals that use anabolic steroids. Did you use a pct SERM such as nolvadex or clomid? if that is the case there is a possibility that your estrogen levels came to low, which results in androgens attacking your hair follicles. Estrogen is responsible for protection of hair and using too much androgens can induce Androgenetic Alopecia or telogen effluvium. I think that i am experiencing telogen effluvium as well, check out my topic if we have things in common.... Goodluck bro

Regular guy

Reaction score
Winstrol is known for causing hairloss to people prone to it. It is a possibility that you are experiencing telogen effluvium, this happens in some individuals that use anabolic steroids. Did you use a pct SERM such as nolvadex or clomid? if that is the case there is a possibility that your estrogen levels came to low, which results in androgens attacking your hair follicles. Estrogen is responsible for protection of hair and using too much androgens can induce Androgenetic Alopecia or telogen effluvium. I think that i am experiencing telogen effluvium as well, check out my topic if we have things in common.... Goodluck bro

Yes I did do a compleate Nolva/Clomid pct.
Winstrol doesn't aromatise so estrogen problems are not possible at all. I would love to post some pics for you guys bun don't know how to upload them.

menbram

Reaction score
I know it doesnt aromatise, you are currently experiencing androgen side effects(hair loss) Winstrol does lower estrogen levels during your cycle. If you took nolvadex or clomid too long(at higher dosage) it might be possible that you blocked your estrogen receptor too much which results in a higher androgen level vs estrogen level ---> hair loss

Regular guy

Reaction score
I know it doesnt aromatise, you are currently experiencing androgen side effects(hair loss) Winstrol does lower estrogen levels during your cycle. If you took nolvadex or clomid too long(at higher dosage) it might be possible that you blocked your estrogen receptor too much which results in a higher androgen level vs estrogen level ---> hair loss

I have got my Estrogen leves checked and they were in the normal range too.

Does Telogen Effluvium/male pattern baldness deteriorate the quality of hair ? My hairs have become very rough and brittle also my hairs have lost their shine.

Also does male pattern baldness or Telogen Effluvium slow the growth rate ie- the rate at which your grows in length. I feels my hair growth has also slowed

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's not enough information to diagnose precisely. Even a trithcologist would need to take a look at you.

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Most important thing in this post -

"My friend gave me steroids saying it was just pre workout"

Tell him to **** right off because no way he is your friend. He is a dealer who sells anabolics illegally. He should not have lied to you about anabolic steroids.

Regular guy

Reaction score
Most important thing in this post -

"My friend gave me steroids saying it was just pre workout"

Tell him to **** right off because no way he is your friend. He is a dealer who sells anabolics illegally. He should not have lied to you about anabolic steroids.

We have been friends for a very long time & also workout together.
He didn't knew **** about steroids & was just doing on his own, when I confronted him about it he said he didn't had any side effects & thought I too would be good to go.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]wtf...your friend gave u steroids and told you it was a pre Workout? Time to find some new friends...[/FONT]

Regular guy

Reaction score
Well my hairloss kinda looks like female pattern hairloss.
Thinning from the middle & from the sides, my sides have become really thin. Also my crown is also visible now but in a starlight line pattern not in a circular patch.

I'm now thinking about getting on finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I post photos ?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there! So you are loosing hair from sides and back too? I am experiencing same hair loss pattern. In my case, I think it was triggered because of accutane. It could be DUPA, or Telogen Effluvium. Maybe your hair loss has been a consequence of those steroids. You can post some pics to see what's happening.

I know this is an old thread but your story sound so similar to mine. I was using a retinoid and I have the same kind of hairloss.