Don't know what to do...

faust405245

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been on propecia for about five months. So far I've been very, very happy with results, no regrowth but I haven't lost any hair since I started taking it, and I pretty much don't worry about my hair anymore. Now on to the problem...

My GP. She says that she's not happy with me taking medicine like this long term at my age (I'm 25). I've got another months' worth of pills so no need to panic just yet, but what the hell am I going to do if she won't prescribe me any more? Dermatolgist isn't an option because I have no money and the waiting list is ridiculous for the NHS. Any other ideas? I suppose I could try another GP, but I don't know if that'll work because she just puts everything on my record so if my GP says no then I doubt there's much chance another GP will say different. Oh, and I don't trust online stuff. I want to be sure that what I'm taking is propecia. Any other ideas?

Please help.

Nene

Reaction score
I don't understand your doctor. If you're not experiencing side effects and the medication is working for you, I don't see why she shouldn't prescribe it. Just explain to her that you really want to stay on it for a while longer.

Ende

Reaction score
Use HW prescription service. What you do is pick the medication you need, and explain what you need it for and how you're going to use it, and a legit doctor will approve your prescription if done correctly. I've used them several times, and it's a great service. Easy and cheap. They work with several drug stores, but my precription has always been forwarded to asset chemist in UK. Fast approval and delivery, and as legit as your own GP.

http://www.hwprescriptionservice.com/

faust405245

Reaction score
Nene - Yeah, that's what I was planning to do. Only problem is I'm not very good at explaining myself plus I'm a bit of a pussy. If she says no then I might not have the bollocks to stand up for myself... We'll see.

Enden - I checked out that website. Looks good. Thanks. If worst comes to the worst and my GP says no I'll order it from there. Thanks again.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
Or just buy your finasteride from inhouse pharmacy.
No questions asked and it's much cheaper,

Nene

Reaction score
Well good luck. I hope she understands and prescribes it but she does have your best interest at heart. I would say try another GP before you resort to ordering online, I really don't think it's safe but if your desperate people do say inhouse pharmacy is legit as stated above.

Guth

Reaction score
I'm 3 years younger than you and although I'm not taking it, my dermatologist didn't have a problem suggesting it.. that's funny.. just stand up to her.

Timmysee

Reaction score
Alternatively, shave her head every night while she's asleep and see how she feels about baldness medication then.