Don’t Know What To Do Anymore... Wtf

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a derm a month ago, she was a moron and hardly gave me any info. Said that sometimes it’s normal to lose hair in a spot and it’ll grow back. I have recession in my temple, for anyone who cares.

Saw another derm today. A different one. She says i have AA. Even though the loss looks like the beginning stages of male pattern baldness. It’s a recession in the temple. I have no hairloss anywhere else, besides that temple.

I asked her if I should take a medication, she said no, said just watch it and it’ll resolve itself, even though it’s been a year and I’m still losing hair. She gave me some dumb cream to rub into the spot. I asked if I should use rogaine, she said no.

So apparently I have AA, even though it doesn’t seem like it. The stress with hairloss is ruining my life. I think about it all day. What the hell do I do? Should I just order finasteride and min and use it anyway?

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also the derm didn’t even look at my hair with a magnifying glass. Just looked at some photos and said “yeah looks like AA”.

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Female doctors don't care. I asked for a referance to a dermatologist and she just took a quick look and said yeah, androgenic hair loss, that was it.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
AA does not resolve itself on it's own. You will probably want to start treatments if you are noticing recession despite what a derm says.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AA does not resolve itself on it's own. You will probably want to start treatments if you are noticing recession despite what a derm says.
So what do I even do then? Just minoxidil? Since it’s not male pattern baldness?

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is VERY rare for a male to lose hair, especially in the temples, for any reason other than male pattern baldness.
She said she’s sure it’s not male pattern baldness because i have no recession on the other side of my head..

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, i spent years hoping it was something else, no one else in the family, sh*t diet etc...

In reality i should have known back then(2013), but it was so emotional that it took me a long time to face the truth. Finasteride is your best bet, at your own responsibility of course.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I looked at your old posts and it doesn't seem like you're balding. Your temple recession has been there for years and when you shaved your head it looked like you had equal density all over. One side of your hairline matured more than the other. What's the big deal?

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I looked at your old posts and it doesn't seem like you're balding. Your temple recession has been there for years and when you shaved your head it looked like you had equal density all over. One side of your hairline matured more than the other. What's the big deal?
Hi mate. My issue now is that I just got a cut and all of the hairs by my temple are gone. You know how usually you can see the hair? Well there’s nothing there anymore.
215D8A8A-9E0D-4008-B2E0-326EEB77C67E.jpeg
here i still had em

C6E0F471-52C5-4748-8CA9-5A7006EEFC5A.jpeg
here i have almost none, even less now..

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate. My issue now is that I just got a cut and all of the hairs by my temple are gone. You know how usually you can see the hair? Well there’s nothing there anymore.
View attachment 137633
here i still had em

View attachment 137634
here i have almost none, even less now..
It's probably got something to do with your barber. He probably trimmed it himself. The hairs are definetly still visible but it's harder to see because you've got bigger hair on the sides and in the first pic the side of your head is shaved and it's the same size as the small patch of temple hair. Also, sometimes when my barber is cutting my fringe/ hairline area he cuts the temples a bit too. I don't know if all barbers do that but he probably did that you.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks lads. Here’s an update post for those who care... Going to see a derm tomorrow.

For anyone who’s interested. Here’s the 8 year progression of my hairline on my right side. I have no hairloss on my crown or left side.

22820722-4CAE-43D1-AE7E-0E3EAF1A7835.png
2017/2018

69B6E535-C6FB-4D9F-A8E0-F34C4FA49462.jpeg

DC79ED0D-7D31-410D-8D22-C64A5840103B.png 2019

BCA98A1D-585B-4438-848D-4E9F4A93D1D0.jpeg 2020

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also... sorry i was a fat f*** for about 6 years... in the 2017 image i’m 270 LOL. I’m around 150 now though

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks lads. Here’s an update post for those who care... Going to see a derm tomorrow.

For anyone who’s interested. Here’s the 8 year progression of my hairline on my right side. I have no hairloss on my crown or left side.

View attachment 138094
2017/2018

View attachment 138095

View attachment 138093 2019

View attachment 138092 2020

How old were you in the 2014 pic? Because it looks like your temples have changed a bit from 2014-17 and then stayed the same. Your hairline looks exactly the same and it's normal for nw0s and nw1s temples to recede a bit while the actual hairline stays the same.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old were you in the 2014 pic? Because it looks like your temples have changed a bit from 2014-17 and then stayed the same. Your hairline looks exactly the same and it's normal for nw0s and nw1s temples to recede a bit while the actual hairline stays the same.
In the 2014 pic I think I had just turned 15? Can’t honestly remember. I’m 20 rn

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the 2014 pic I think I had just turned 15? Can’t honestly remember. I’m 20 rn
So it's most likely just a mature hairline, barely anyone (even nw0s and nw1s) become an adult without the slightest amount of temple recession. You should only start to worry if your hairline starts to recede.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can’t really tell tbh. Here’s a photo just now.
ED536014-6713-464B-8BB9-704388874628.png
(the temple point was shaved down btw, that’s why it’s hardly there... retarded barber... here it is below a month ago)
6899A721-8972-4916-8772-4BDFC92797D4.jpeg

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can’t really tell tbh. Here’s a photo just now.
View attachment 138097
(the temple point was shaved down btw, that’s why it’s hardly there... retarded barber... here it is below a month ago)
View attachment 138098
It doesn't look like your hairline has changed. Although we don't have any close ups from 2014, it looks the same in the other pics from the same angle.