Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know what would be hilarious? An interview with Tsuji where the interviewer asks:

—Takashi Tsuji, you have been searching for a hair loss cure for years, but what is your secret? How do you maintain your hair?!
— Well, sir, finasteride.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really thinking that we wont have a safe effective treatment for several years. If these so called pipeline treatments are effective then why aren't we seeing pics?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really thinking that we wont have a safe effective treatment for several years. If these so called pipeline treatments are effective then why aren't we seeing pics?

in how many businesses do you see research pictures?

Some may show development pictures, but not so many show research or prototype pictures while the project is ongoing.

I can only think of IT projects like games and other consumer stuff in that genre where its possible to throw out undone projects and still have the ability to correct them while the customers have them.

But there are many phones in development we never see, we only see controlled near finished products leaked. same with cars and so on, we see near end projects that is like 90% ready for the markets, that they show off for some PR.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
in how many businesses do you see research pictures?

Some may show development pictures, but not so many show research or prototype pictures while the project is ongoing.

I can only think of IT projects like games and other consumer stuff in that genre where its possible to throw out undone projects and still have the ability to correct them while the customers have them.

But there are many phones in development we never see, we only see controlled near finished products leaked. same with cars and so on, we see near end projects that is like 90% ready for the markets, that they show off for some PR.
Let's agree to disagree. Tech companies do not display their tech ahead of time for fear of other companies stealing or one upping their ideas. This is much different then a hairloss company showing results of growth from their product. I understand that many on here want to maintain positivity, but that went out the window 10 years ago. Does this mean I am not interested in research or the possibility that something could arise, no because I am.obvioisly very much interested. So please dont confuse the two as some people do on here.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the technology to cure us is already here.....CAS9/Crispr Gene Editing has already been discovered.....its just a case of actually commercially using it on humans to change their genetics which could be a long way off.

Everything else is just masking or prolonging the issue.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the technology to cure us is already here.....CAS9/Crispr Gene Editing has already been discovered.....its just a case of actually commercially using it on humans to change their genetics which could be a long way off.

to use cripr it requires that there exist a full understand of what genes to attack to prevent baldness, we aren't there yet.
And then there is the probability of the immune system reacting to crispr so it will lose effect.

And then we have the whole ethical debate about gene editing on a full scale. If I remember correctly, someone in Russia want to design a baby with gene editing and that have created a debate about it all again.

With autologous stemcell transplants we should be above the ethical parts and immune system risk. But that is what is still being researched.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Gotta agree with MeDK. There are so many genes involved in baldness that I don't see how Crispr could cure it any time soon. On a personal note, if Crispr was the first cure to come along it would be pretty sad because society would denigrate the use of Crispr to cure a cosmetc issue such as baldness. I would prefer a stemcell therapy tbh. So, as MeDk said, controversial ethical debates would take place
EDIT: Also , it would be funny if we ever reached a point where only next generation technology could cure baldness, LOL

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh of course, I'm not saying its ready to cure baldness right now.....but the tech is there to stop the very thing that causes it in the first place...but you have ethical questions and also identifying which genes cause it, hence why we aren't sitting having our genes changed and full heads of hair.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scientists have been able to re-grow a type of hair cell that normally doesn't re-grow in humans: cochlear hair cells for hearing. These are a type of specialized sensorineural hair cell that converts sound/pressure waves into electrical signals sent to the auditory cortex in the brain.

It’s funny, but mammals are the oddballs in the animal kingdom when it comes to cochlear regeneration,” says study coauthor Jingyuan Zhang of the biology department at the University of Rochester. “We’re the only vertebrates that can’t do it.”

A legit treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia is surely not far off.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score

which genes do you want to edit ?
Studies have showed that more than 200 genes were or could play a role in Androgenetic Alopecia. It's not as simple as genetic, unfortunately.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys get your head out of the clouds. Gene editing for hair will not occur for decades if at all in our lives. That is the last thing they will utilize crispr or high tech for...crispr is till considered new even though it has been out a while. I assure you they aren't focusing its tech on hair any time soon to the point where a treatment develops. Will they fool around with it for research purposes? Sure, but not for hair treatment.

resu

Reaction score
Breezula aka CB will be out soon enough, that along with minoxidil and maybe derma-rolling and an hair-transplant will be the best we will get.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No but in all seriousness f*** these scientists and companies its 2020 and we only got a tranny drug that doesnt even stop the loss....
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...g-to-stop-this-f*****g-minutarization.112335/
f***, the years just pass by while we log in here from time to time to check if there are new updates, it feels like the odyssey where penelope waits for ulysses to finally come back home , the hair loss world is brutal