Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the recent news from Tsuji aiming for the 2020 commercial is pretty much it... if not, damn close to it. I don't think the Japanese would through out a claim like that on 'loose' research. It'll be two years since the last congress so it'll be interesting to find out what's been in the works since then from other research teams. Think about it; we were all pinning our hopes on Dr. Lauster's team, Follica, Histogen, Aderans and Replicel for the longest time and then almost out of nowhere Tsuji came out and pulled the rug from underneath everyone.

With how much advancement has been progressivle made from 2000-2015, I imagine discoveries since 2015 must be pretty impressive (think bell curve).
It will be the final push towards some actual (really) effective treatments. Wonder how future me post Hair Congress is feeling..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you must have your vacations at the next congress and everybody should offer you some money.
What did they prove Hellouser? Cotsarellis claims for a full cure with 20 milion dollars?

Well, I already got my days off from work approved for the Congress.. of course my boss doesnt know what I'm really gonna be up to in Japan. He thinks I'm going out for fun, LOL.

That claim by Cotsarelis still baffles me. 20 million bucks to cure hair loss? Pretty sure Lebron James would fund that in a heartbeat.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant believe you think 2 no selective IMAO inhibitor are the best antidepressant there are, they don't even compare to any of the most recent SSRIs, that inhibit the serotonin uptake selectively. It goes to showing how much you understand about sh*t...
You are clueless. Both Parnate and Nardil are the most effective antidepressants on the market and significantly superior to SSRIs. If you don't trust me, then ask Prof. Stephen Stahl and other famous researchers. Actually, as a general rule of thumb, the effectiveness of an antidepressant tends to be inversely related to the recency with which it was approved by the FDA. In general, the classes of antidepressants may be ranked by efficacy as follows: MAOIs > Tricyclics > SSRIs. This should be obvious from a theoretical standpoint because SSRIs are the most selective agents whereas tricyclics have pleiotropic effects which all contribute to antidepressant response.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow he really seems like he knows what he is talking about! From now on thanks to him I'm gonna leave this section of the blog forever. Thanks a lot mate if it weren't for this great thread I would still looking for medical advances but you really have figure it out. Again thank you for wasting your precious time in doing this.
You know I am right, but you rather want to live your dream than hit reality. I can understand that.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the recent news from Tsuji aiming for the 2020 commercial is pretty much it... if not, damn close to it. I don't think the Japanese would through out a claim like that on 'loose' research. It'll be two years since the last congress so it'll be interesting to find out what's been in the works since then from other research teams. Think about it; we were all pinning our hopes on Dr. Lauster's team, Follica, Histogen, Aderans and Replicel for the longest time and then almost out of nowhere Tsuji came out and pulled the rug from underneath everyone.

With how much advancement has been progressivle made from 2000-2015, I imagine discoveries since 2015 must be pretty impressive (think bell curve).

I hope that will be the case. It's time to end this nightmare, well it's been long overdue. Good luck in Japan Mike Ehrmantraut.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this guy realize that follica is in phase 3?
Follica is a joke.
IMHO; it's a "sugar pill", not worth the hype.

Lol or that Sheseido is in the equivalence to phase 3? Or that topical finasteride is in phase 3? Or that 6 different legit companies have entered the hair regeneration field since I joined this form (in 2015)?
And which of these are more effective than Big 3?

Get out of here lol. Times are changing for the better. We won't have a cure, but there will be something better in the next 3 years
Do you really believe this? In 3 years? In 2020 we will have something better?

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP I can assure you your account won't last 30 days.
that's enough time to wake you up!

I'm sure depression rates will go down when those new hair loss treatments get released.  :)
indeed, that would be a great antidepressant :)
I want the cure as much as all of you, but I don't really believe that it will come in our lifetimes...

you know what OP, i'm not even going to argue with you, so i agree, nothing new in the next 30.
next.
very good! :)

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry but you are such an idiot lol you are over exaggerating on every part of statements lol for example you said 9 out of 10 phase ll trials never hit the market..
First of all NO phase 2 trials hit the market cause they have to do phase 3 lol and by the way 70% of phase ll trials fail not 90% big difference there buddyb
Don't you understand?

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though I agree with you, I hope you and I are both wrong
me too...

Wrong forum?
why?

The last few hair congresses prove otherwise.
how so?

"Cancer death rates have declined since the 90s and the number of people living beyond the diagnosis is to rise 5 million by 2024, but people still get and die of cancer — therefore, no progress has been made since the 1950s" — OP's logic.
cancer and hair loss are not the same.

Last edited:

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In 30 years they'll be growing new hearts and lungs, but we can't get new hair? Get outta here with that craziness.

H

Reaction score
Big 3 will still be THE WAY TO GO in the year 2040. Deal with it. Don't be delusional, relax! ;):rolleyes:

Phenelzine (Nardil) and Tranylcypromine (Parnate) are still the most effective antidepressants & anxiolytics and they have been around for 60 years. There hasn't been anything better for the last 60 years, although pharma is putting billions of dollars in the development of newer & better antidepressants.
You literally just needed attention didn't ya little guy you little charlatan you it'll be okay. Did Bimbo not see the fireworks he wanted today?

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAO :D Bimmler the Bum orrrrr

Forbes

"Giant strides to prevent and cure baldness are being made in medical labs around the world. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jboyd/...ne-tomorrow-a-thing-of-the-past/#11d00dbb5c04

As for the depression talk you gotta figure your shyt out bud. This coming from a guy who was talked off the ledge a few times as a teen, who realized you have a lot of internal work to do on yourself.

Stop looking outwards for answers to an INTERNAL imbalance. Your Hair is external, your mind is not.

I feel your sadness, darkness and depression through your posts. I can't imagine having to actually occupy the same space as you.

All the best. At least you won't have to be bald for much longer..... If you manage to stick around a few years.

Life is short. Just enjoy the moments. There is no purpose but the one you make, so find a passion, set a goal and succeed. Whether you want to build a wooden table or start the next Google. Just find something you enjoy and indulge.

Good luck.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's painfully obvious that this guy is just coping.

I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who says that you're still going to have just finasteride and minoxidil decades from now when A) All the developing science, much of which is presently in human trials, about to enter them, or some nearly finished; would indicate that we should see something that can act as a functional cure within then next 3 - 10 years at most. B) Scientists are already achieving far more complicated things on the biotech front. We have already seen some fortunate people be cosmetically "cured" of the condition via wound neogensis (albeit a primitive form of it) and aggressive, hormone altering regimens.

It's really not a question of "if" it is possible at this point, but rather a question of "when".

Personally, I look forward to the day that one of these things is on the market because that's going to be the day of reckoning for people like the OP, where they can't find comfort in self pity anymore, blame every failure and slight against them or rejection from women on their hairloss because there is solution to it — baldness will no longer be a cop out or a justification.

That will be an interesting day full of Nameless-style meltdowns.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Life is short. Just enjoy the moments. There is no purpose but the one you make, so find a passion, set a goal and succeed. Whether you want to build a wooden table or start the next Google. Just find something you enjoy and indulge.
regrowing hair is my passion, goal, and something I enjoy

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool

Your logic is still f*****g retarded
My logic is spot on.

In 30 years they'll be growing new hearts and lungs, but we can't get new hair? Get outta here with that craziness.
No one will grow hearts and lungs in 30 years, at least not outside the body.
100 years is more realistic.

If you believe, that we will grow hearts and lungs in some petri dish in some 30 years, then you should visit a doctor for psychiatry.

You literally just needed attention
Of course I need attention. I am an attention cat.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAO :D Bimmler the Bum orrrrr
It's Heinrich Bimmler.

"Giant strides to prevent and cure baldness are being made in medical labs around the world. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jboyd/...ne-tomorrow-a-thing-of-the-past/#11d00dbb5c04
Oh yes, some yellow press bullshit.
They've been writing the same sh*t for over 50 years.
The cure is always 5 years in the future... yeahh... sure... jeez -_-

As for the depression talk you gotta figure your shyt out bud. This coming from a guy who was talked off the ledge a few times as a teen, who realized you have a lot of internal work to do on yourself.
Well, the prospect, that I have incurable alopecia androgenetica and no cure is coming, makes me depressed as hell....

Best years of my live going down the trash can.
I feel your sadness, darkness and depression through your posts. I can't imagine having to actually occupy the same space as you.
The depression is strong in me, brother.
Show me the good side of the mood.

All the best. At least you won't have to be bald for much longer..... If you manage to stick around a few years.
you mean decades...

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not educated and up to date with the advancements of medicine and technology.
I am doing a doctorate in the fields of bio-technology & process engineering, so don't tell me about education.
The truth is: the way from the experimental laboratory to a marketed product is long, especially in the field of bio technology.