DONOR SCAR

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, havent been on in about 3 years. I got a hair transplant 6 yrs ago, been on minoxidil and finasteride since
maintained pretty well. hair transplant did well for me. Here I am though, 29 now. some questions since this place basically saved my life in my early 20's

1. I had a strip hair transplant- will a Trichophytic closure help me conceal this strip. basically if they went in now and performed this on my existing scar

2 how are the results for FUE vs Strip

3 does anyone take more than 1mg of finasteride and does it matter if its propecia or generic

4 any other good DHT blockers for scalp, im using spironolactone from dr lee

thanks guys

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the scar is a problem you could look into placing FUE grafts into the scar, I know Dr Shapiro has been doing this for a few months now .

s.a.f

Reaction score
How is your hair ontop, do you need more work done?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Thinstinks, old school!

FUE is good as long as you do your research and choose a good H/T Doctor, the scar won't cause any problems for your donor, and if you go for strip again it can be cut out if it's bad work.

I take 1.25mg of finasteride, does not matter if generic or not, just as long as it's got finasteride in it.

Who did your H/T? although 2002/3 whenever you got it done, H/T are improving all the time and as long as you go to a god Dr and not a hair mill you'll be just fine.

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
my results have been ok. I have been feeling ok about it.
my regimen is 1mg propecial minoxidil 5% no PG multivitamins Nizoral.

but nature is catching up and need to increase somewhere.

what do you mean cut it out the donor scar?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thinstinks said:
what do you mean cut it out the donor scar?

If you had another strip procedure your current scar could be cut out and restitched using the Trico. If you don't need another procedure right now you can just put FUE grafts into your current scar.

If you are thinking about another procedure just have the Dr revise yoiur current scar as part of your next hair transplant.