Donor Scar Actually Visible?

TwoHairsLeft

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a hair transplant and recently had a consultation with a doctor. He tells me that contrary to popular belief the donor area is not detectable after it heals unless the surgeon did a poor job. He said basically that if you sat and studied the area really well you might be able to tell something was there but not really. He told me that I could even shave my head and not see a donor scar because of how well he can sew it up.

Is this true? Does anyone here have experience with having a donor area that doesn't have a detectable scar in the back?

If it is visible, how long do you have to keep your hair to conceal it? Could I clip my hair with say a #2 shaver and have it covered?

s.a.f

Reaction score
It depends on the person and their characteristics, if you go to a decent surgeon on average I would say that its not usually noticible after the initial healing period.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It depends on the person and their characteristics, if you go to a decent surgeon on average I would say that its not usually noticible after the initial healing period.