Donor hair evaluation for upcoming hair transplant

yang5963

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need help to evaluate donor hair available for upcoming hair transplant
Doctor told me I have 183cm2 bald area, need at least 6000graft
How many graft of donor hair do you think I have?

Attachments

• F29EEDB7-FA35-4AC8-905D-5DB2A50A9820.jpeg
    F29EEDB7-FA35-4AC8-905D-5DB2A50A9820.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 3D829B16-6A4C-404E-8C31-F86659AE0D1E.jpeg
    3D829B16-6A4C-404E-8C31-F86659AE0D1E.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 1DECF37C-A060-4E59-BD29-0D6D34682455.jpeg
    1DECF37C-A060-4E59-BD29-0D6D34682455.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 179

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, probably not 6k for FUE, but it can be difficult to tell from shaved head pictures because light can make areas look thinner. Get a good analysis & planning before you jump in the chair, you don't want to get stuck running out of grafts.

yang5963

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, probably not 6k for FUE, but it can be difficult to tell from shaved head pictures because light can make areas look thinner. Get a good analysis & planning before you jump in the chair, you don't want to get stuck running out of grafts.
currently on finasteride which suffering from slight lower libido now.. i just wanted to know if possible to have enough donor hair to transfer me from NW5-6 to NW2.

If not realistic, i'll drop the treatment and go back being bald..

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
currently on finasteride which suffering from slight lower libido now.. i just wanted to know if possible to have enough donor hair to transfer me from NW5-6 to NW2.

If not realistic, i'll drop the treatment and go back being bald..
I don't think what you are asking is unrealistic, it's just tough to tell if you have thinning in your donor zone and if you're destined for NW6. At NW5 with average donor you should be able to get the 6k~ grafts you need. Get a evaluation, and perhaps a second opinion/consultation before you jump in.

If needed, see how many more grafts you could get with FUT/FUE mix if you are okay with FUT. Usually you can get an extra 2k~ grafts from the mixture.

yang5963

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think what you are asking is unrealistic, it's just tough to tell if you have thinning in your donor zone and if you're destined for NW6. At NW5 with average donor you should be able to get the 6k~ grafts you need. Get a evaluation, and perhaps a second opinion/consultation before you jump in.

If needed, see how many more grafts you could get with FUT/FUE mix if you are okay with FUT. Usually you can get an extra 2k~ grafts from the mixture.
Thanks you sir, your advise is very much appreciated. I think i'll book a consultation from doctor to assess my donor hair, do you think they have specialize tool for evaluation of donor hair density?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks you sir, your advise is very much appreciated. I think i'll book a consultation from doctor to assess my donor hair, do you think they have specialize tool for evaluation of donor hair density?
Yeah I think they just use a microscope/trichoscope.

new life

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a single session will not please you, so I had 2 sessions and I achieved the result I wanted.

new life

My Regimen
Reaction score
first 4000 grafts
then 2500 grafts
It was very good in terms of price and they were very interested, we are still in touch

yang5963

My Regimen
Reaction score
first 4000 grafts
then 2500 grafts
It was very good in terms of price and they were very interested, we are still in touch
I think you can get another 2000 graft, your donor hair seems thick
Do you have pre transplant photo for my reference?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need help to evaluate donor hair available for upcoming hair transplant
Doctor told me I have 183cm2 bald area, need at least 6000graft
How many graft of donor hair do you think I have?
It’s difficult to evaluate a donor area just by looking at pictures like this. A good surgeon will evaluate it under magnification to truly get a sense of the quality of the donor area.

Also keep in mind, hair characteristics differ from person to person. What works for one patient doesn’t necessarily work for another. East Asians for example, tend to have lower hair density per square cm, higher hair diameter, and greater contrast of hair color vs scalp color compared to Caucasians. The ability to create the illusion of coverage/density with a hair transplant depends on all these factors and especially on the skill of the surgeon and team (spacing and angulation of grafts/careful harvesting of grafts and amount of transsection etc).
It’s not just a simple matter of needing X number of grafts.

You should consult with several reputable surgeons in order to make an informed decision.

yang5963

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s difficult to evaluate a donor area just by looking at pictures like this. A good surgeon will evaluate it under magnification to truly get a sense of the quality of the donor area.

Also keep in mind, hair characteristics differ from person to person. What works for one patient doesn’t necessarily work for another. East Asians for example, tend to have lower hair density per square cm, higher hair diameter, and greater contrast of hair color vs scalp color compared to Caucasians. The ability to create the illusion of coverage/density with a hair transplant depends on all these factors and especially on the skill of the surgeon and team (spacing and angulation of grafts/careful harvesting of grafts and amount of transsection etc).
It’s not just a simple matter of needing X number of grafts.

You should consult with several reputable surgeons in order to make an informed decision.
Thanks you for valuable insight, I’ll consult a doctor after 1 year of my hair remedy