Doner hair from FUE question.....

jeffsss

Reaction score
say eventually you need a "megasession" 4000 hairs!
while your younger you opt to use the FUE technique so there will be no scarring?
could you still get that many grafts out of the FUE technique or is that out of the question?

G

jeffsss,

Someone direly misled you if you think FUE "has no scarring". Think again and talk with more FUE patients. The pics you see posted by paid staff of various FUE clinics are undoubtedly the best post-op cases. Why do you think they are posting the best possible pics they can? You're not seeing the bad ones. Who in their right marketing mind is going to let you see poor ones?

It works the same way with hair system retailers. Just compare their pics to the real thing "seeing the individual in person"! You'd be surprised. :eek:

jeffsss

Reaction score
ok.. say it scars... just not as badly..

could you get as much out of FUE as you could strip??

G

it Scars JEFFsss and it Scars BAD...

Dont jump onto things....

jeffsss

Reaction score
Helpmeregrow said:
it Scars JEFFsss and it Scars BAD...

Dont jump onto things....

LOL, okay.

well there is no other clinically method that will rebuild your hairline..

i'm not jumping on anything yet..

G

I know... there is hope with Propecia and maybe minoxidil... we just gotta ride it out I guess.... I am in the same boat and the frontal part has really hit me hard although the hairline is intact. like you i have been haunting around these forums all the time.... and I am getting fed up with this B.$hit. I need to calm down now... :(

jeffsss

Reaction score
Helpmeregrow said:
I know... there is hope with Propecia and maybe minoxidil... we just gotta ride it out I guess.... I am in the same boat and the frontal part has really hit me hard although the hairline is intact. like you i have been haunting around these forums all the time.... and I am getting fed up with this B.$hit. I need to calm down now... :(

trust me when i tell you that i'm less stable than you!!!

here is my long term goal:

maintain first... by using propecia/t-gel/nizoral/copper peptides..

then regrowth... by adding minoxidil

then transplant.. (if i'm not satisfied with regrowth, which i probabaly wont be)... FUE 1000 ish?? along the hairline?

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
jeff, to answer your original question - I think the answer is no, you cannot get as many grafts. You might be able to get 4k, i'm not sure, but fue causes more graft transection upon removal than strip does.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Gorpy said:
jeff, to answer your original question - I think the answer is no, you cannot get as many grafts. You might be able to get 4k, i'm not sure, but fue causes more graft transection upon removal than strip does.

My last two FUE sessions had a transection rate of two out of 500.
Choose a good Dr & it's very unlikely the transection rate will be an issue.

If you take too many grafts via FUE you will end up taking grafts from too near to the space where another one has already been taken from. This will end up with a slightly moth eaten look.
With strip the untouched areas above the strip & below it are pulled together so as long as the hair is long enough to cover the scar, your hair at the back won't look much different.
The main factor in all of this is of course the Dr you choose.

In theory, to get the maximum numbers - you would need to take as many as possible via strip. When you've taken as much as you dare (the more times it's opened, the more chance of stretching) , you can then use FUE to take more from the surrounding areas untouched by the strip scar.