Done With Oral Min.10 Or 15% Minor Recommendation Needed

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MXS is definitely more effective, But it has a larger molecule weight (40% more larger than standard minoxidil), but unstable in aqueous solution and degrades.
A 10% MXS would be needed for absorption and batches would need to be made every few days for maximum results.
Yep, I'm aware of the lower stability once in solution. From a synthesis perspective, it really shouldn't be cost prohibitive. I think it's a matter of supply/demand at the moment. MW compounds > 300 penetrate the skin in many formulations. Vehicle will be important. How do we get a supplier of MXS? Sigma-Aldrich prices are not reflective of the real cost of MXS.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch for edema in feet too. Increased BP is a common effect as your body holds water to compensate for the initial drop in BP. I started taking a diuretic drug to see if I could offset the edema, but it was just too much pharmaceutical roulette at that point.
Did you get anxiety, due to having a raised heart rate from lower BP?

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been looking for mxs suppliers, but cost is too high. China
Yep, I'm aware of the lower stability once in solution. From a synthesis perspective, it really shouldn't be cost prohibitive. I think it's a matter of supply/demand at the moment. MW compounds > 300 penetrate the skin in many formulations. Vehicle will be important. How do we get a supplier of MXS? Sigma-Aldrich prices are not reflective of the real cost of MXS.

Ive been looking into purchasing mxs last year, I think its out of our reach due to cost. I think it would be difficult to buy from china due to it being sulfuric acid. 50mg daily is needed for topical 5%

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been looking for mxs suppliers, but cost is too high. China

Ive been looking into purchasing mxs last year, I think its out of our reach due to cost. I think it would be difficult to buy from china due to it being sulfuric acid. 50mg daily is needed for topical 5%
With the right vehicle (good penetration), a lower percentage should work way better than MX, in theory. For all we know, only a few percent of MX get converted to MXS in scalp. I'd be willing to do a group buy if we can get a reasonable price for MXS.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch for edema in feet too. Increased BP is a common effect as your body holds water to compensate for the initial drop in BP. I started taking a diuretic drug to see if I could offset the edema, but it was just too much pharmaceutical roulette at that point.
I took my first dose of oral minoxidil yesterday.
2.5mg
My arms feel a little sore & my chest feels tight.
my body sort of feels like I have a slight fever. random soreness in areas.

...I dont think I can do this lol. I might just have to stick with topical Min & hope for the best.
If anything, the money i spent on Oral minoxidil didn't go to complete waste; because I can always say "at least I tried it"

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start on 1.25mg then increase to 2.5mg in couple of weeks.
Side effects will decrease over a couple of weeks.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took my first dose of oral minoxidil yesterday.
2.5mg
My arms feel a little sore & my chest feels tight.
my body sort of feels like I have a slight fever. random soreness in areas.

...I dont think I can do this lol. I might just have to stick with topical Min & hope for the best.
If anything, the money i spent on Oral minoxidil didn't go to complete waste; because I can always say "at least I tried it"
Guys, remember the Sinclair studies. Efficacy can be achieved at 0.5 mg and 0.625 mg. Results will be very slow but it's better than nothing.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I font think it would be proper minoxidil sulphate as it would cost over £10,000 per month supply
More like it will be sulfuric acid added to mix.

why? its not much different from minoxidil and there is already a Brazillian study where they used it at 15% for like 6 months

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, remember the Sinclair studies. Efficacy can be achieved at 0.5 mg and 0.625 mg. Results will be very slow but it's better than nothing.
My pills are 2.5mg each....How would I go about lowering the dose to like 0.5 for example?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My pills are 2.5mg each....How would I go about lowering the dose to like 0.5 for example?

Quarter them with a pill cutter. Most derms start patients out on 0.25/0.5 mg doses.

I think people on forums are taking too much too soon and struggling with the sides.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quarter them with a pill cutter. Most derms start patients out on 0.25/0.5 mg doses.

I think people on forums are taking too much too soon and struggling with the sides.

I agree with a low starting dose. People jump on 5mg or more and sides are too much for them and quit. We are on this for long term.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was just pointing out your price estimate was completely ridiculous. I am in the process of sourcing it btw

China and india would be the cheapest source, but would it be legit.
I used to buy many products from china and had problems with around 80% of companies with quality issues, then there are scammers aswell.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I see! Very interesting.
I thought 5mg-10mg was too much. But I guess even 2.5mg can be a lot to handle

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with a low starting dose. People jump on 5mg or more and sides are too much for them and quit. We are on this for long term.
I'll look into getting a pill cutter.
hopefully i can cut them into 4 pieces/ or 2