Doing your own hair system refit tips please help

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3) Use walkers sport scalp protector very thin layer on the front. This helps to keep the glue on the skin and not go into the lace.

Do you mean put the scalp protector onto the scalp or the lace? If you mean putting it onto the scalp, how does that prevent the glue going into the lace?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean put the scalp protector onto the scalp or the lace? If you mean putting it onto the scalp, how does that prevent the glue going into the lace?

Scalp.

In my experience I've found the glue sticks to the scalp protector more strongly than to the lace. This is also why I don't press it down hard other than right at the very front. So when you add alcohol to re-do the front and lift the lace, the residue is kept on the scalp. It's also a great barrier between your skin and the glue.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Used to have the same issue. These things fixed it.

1) Wait 8 or so mins after last layer of glue before putting the lace down, I use 2 layers and a little extra on temple areas.
2) Don't press the front down hard into the glue, let it roll down. Use a hair brush to pat it down then a comb to press down the very edge.
3) Use walkers sport scalp protector very thin layer on the front. This helps to keep the glue on the skin and not go into the lace.
4) Re-Do hairline after 4 days so twice a week. Only takes 20 mins and I do it before bed. This, I think was the most crucial, I used to leave it a week but it would break down and cleanup would be a mess. Better to do it twice a week and have an easy time cleaning up.
5) Use Ebin glue (yellow bottle).
It's not a problem in the front though. More in the sides and back. Do you suggest then that I don't press down these areas very strongly? I always press hard, because I've understood that's what creates a good bond.
Can't imagine redoing those areas twice a week.

Although, I'm not even sure it's a problem. I haven't noticed that attachment would be significantly weaker, shorter due to it. Although, the first attachment ever with a piece does seem to be the strongest one. Maybe it just looks bad and dirty from the underside of the base and that's it. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it that much.
Created a thread about it. People also think it's bad though.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What glue? Thanks! That's unbelievable. You're lucky.
Just ghost bond platinum. I'm not sure what you're wearing but I mentioned in my post that my experience is for UTS.

After the 3rd day or so I just refresh the hairline by putting a tiny bit of glue along the ridge of the system right at the front. This gets me through to the 5th or 6th day when I do a full re-bond. Though if I'm at home or have no major plans I will delay the full re-bond until like the 8th/9th/10th day or whatever.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a problem in the front though. More in the sides and back. Do you suggest then that I don't press down these areas very strongly? I always press hard, because I've understood that's what creates a good bond.
Can't imagine redoing those areas twice a week.

Although, I'm not even sure it's a problem. I haven't noticed that attachment would be significantly weaker, shorter due to it. Although, the first attachment ever with a piece does seem to be the strongest one. Maybe it just looks bad and dirty from the underside of the base and that's it. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it that much.
Created a thread about it. People also think it's bad though.

Ah right, I use tape for side and back so can't comment on this. Tape lasts around 3 weeks in winter and 2 weeks in summer. Sorry.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Just ghost bond platinum. I'm not sure what you're wearing but I mentioned in my post that my experience is for UTS.

After the 3rd day or so I just refresh the hairline by putting a tiny bit of glue along the ridge of the system right at the front. This gets me through to the 5th or 6th day when I do a full re-bond. Though if I'm at home or have no major plans I will delay the full re-bond until like the 8th/9th/10th day or whatever.
Sounds like an easy life. Depends though how long that whole process of cleaning the scalp and the hair system and aligning it again and laying the glue is for you. How much time does it take you?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like an easy life. Depends though how long that whole process of cleaning the scalp and the hair system and aligning it again and laying the glue is for you. How much time does it take you?
Probably around 30 minutes for a full re-fit. I usually spread it out to an hour because I have a nice long shower in-between :)