Doing Well, Then This Happened To Me...

djtndog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys---I'm 68, have always had fine and thin hair. Last year, it started falling out at an alarming rate. I would say I lost 1/3 in about 2 months. I had tried WalMart brand of 5% before, but my head itched so badly I could not stand it. BUT with the recent loss, I tried again. I was using 1 application a day of 5%. Within a few months, I couldn't believe how much better my hair was doing. It looked twice as full. I had gone through about 4 bottles by then. However, then the itching became so bad, I could not stand it, even with pouring anti-itch stuff on my head. I found on the internet a site called MinoxidilMaxLLC where you can buy Minoxidil without PG (which is what causes the itching.) It is called Essengen-5 NO PG FAST DRY. Just what I needed! Well, after 4 bottles of use, all at once my hair began falling out massively again. The only difference was no PG in this formula. The people at that site suggested that I try Dualgen-5 No PG. This one only had Azelaic Acid with the minoxidil. It was so oily and sticky, I couldn't stand it. I have read somewhere that the formulas need the PG to have the minoxidil absorb into the scalp. So I decided to mix the one WalMart bottle with one of the Essengen (which contains only minoxidil). I figured there would only be half of the PG strength=reduced itching. I just started a week ago, but my hair continues to fall out. It's sad to lose all that hard work and money from the past year.

I was just wondering has anyone else had this experience? My head is already itching, but I suppose I can stand it if it's not quite as bad as before. Any ideas? Any luck with Dualgen-5 NO PG? The guy at minoxidilmaxllc said it wasn't the lack of PG, BUT that was the only difference between the WalMart formula and theirs.

Thanks for listening!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you're a woman, wouldn't you visit a doctor about your hair loss? It could be due to issues out of your control, which is the same issue my mother has. After the menopause, she has struggled with her hair a lot.

djtndog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi--Yes, I have gone to my doctor's office twice. They said it is "pattern baldness" as in "male...". But it happens to men and women. The PA recommended Rogaine, as she is using it also. So I , did that. Yes, I suppose it could be stress that it fell out again all at once, but I have been under the same stresses for years...lol. The Wal-Mart Rogaine was working great, but the itching was unbearable. We will see how it goes this time.

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your 68 i just would go on with life its kinda normal at this age as of 30% of woman expierience hairloss at 50 years my grandma also has this shes 60 but doesnt really care and its nothing to be ashamed of your gonna be ok.
Take care of your body because minoxidil can raise your heartbeat and your heart can only tolerate x/amounths of beats in your life time. So it can have an impact on how long your lifespan is going to be in the long run