does your Lordhair custom piece come with excess lace CUT OFF ?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi... my post title pretty clear... First time buyer from Lordhair. ( custom piece) and to my surprise, it came with excess lace cut off !!!

furthermore, 1.5 inches too short ( base width) but that is another story... sent email to customer support...to be continued.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t mean to hijack your question, but why did you stray from Superhairpieces? I’m about to purchase another unit and was going to try SHP for the first time.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t mean to hijack your question, but why did you stray from Superhairpieces? I’m about to purchase another unit and was going to try SHP for the first time.
Shortage of supply. They were having inventory issues. I am still buying from them. I am about to post a review of 4 pieces I got in the last weeks from 4 different companies.. stay tuned.

But back to lordhair... never experienced this before

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I used to order stock systems from LH and have them cut the base to my dimensions, they'd remove the excess lace, which I didn't like.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's best not to cut all the way up to the hair. That's my preference at least. I like a little excess - w both lace and poly.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same question here. I left about a quarter inch and you can still see the thinner areas and the no shine tape. You just have to be careful when cutting to not alter the shape of you hairline.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE on issue with Lordhair. not only was excess empty lace cut, but piece was 1.5 inches too short. ( width) my custom order was very clear.
copy\paste of custom order:
SL1: Full Super Fine Swiss Lace Hair Replacement System
Order details

Template & samples:I′ll fill the dimension in below
Base Size section;Length:8.5Inch;Width:6.5Inch
;Base material color:Flesh;Front contour:A (between AA and CC)
;Hair length:6";Curl & wave:36mm body wave;Hair direction:Free style;Hair
color:1b indian hair, grey synthetic, with distribution specified below;
Sides:80%;.Temples:95%;.Back80%.Crown:80%;.Top:90%;Front:100%;Grey Hair Type:Synthetic grey hair
density:Medium light 100%;Grey Hair Additional Instruction:Gradual distribution, with a graduated hairline ;Cut-in & Style:No,I will have my hair cut-in and styled by my stylist;Rush service:Average service 8-12 weeks;

After back and forth emails with photo proof as attached , Lordhair customer support (Zoey) was trying to have me try the piece, stretch it so it fits, and accept piece. I wanted a replacement but they said repair only as it was custom... how can they fix\repair a lace piece too short ? anyways after a week of back and forth I settled for a 50$ refund... ( their website policy mention a 50% retaining fee for refunds so would have lost 50%)

anyway, very disappointed in having to wait 12 weeks to get a custom piece cut too short.

in my 4 vendor evaluations, I should have rated LH a 2 for customer support

now I have to figure out how I can wear this piece, either sew extra lace cuttings from other pieces, stretch it ( but I am afraid this will affect the hold ...tape might not endure the pulling from stretch, but hey I may get a free facelift LOL ) or grow my bio hair 3\4 inch each side.

i now have a useless custom piece spare, thanks to lordhair

Attachments

• 20211030_125024 - Copy.jpg
    20211030_125024 - Copy.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211030_131350.jpg
    20211030_131350.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211102_201733.jpg
    20211102_201733.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211102_201820.jpg
    20211102_201820.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 56

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most credit card companies give you a year to report dissatisfaction with goods or services received, for a charge back/refund.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Considered that option and mentioned it during my negotiations with lordhair. Didn't want the hassel with credit card dispute and shipping charges (to resend). So given that I accepted the $50 refund and it was processed, i will keep it as spare...lace are hard to find and i like the grey distribution, that they did right.... just need to figure out how to wear it...

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Considered that option and mentioned it during my negotiations with lordhair. Didn't want the hassel with credit card dispute and shipping charges (to resend). So given that I accepted the $50 refund and it was processed, i will keep it as spare...lace are hard to find and i like the grey distribution, that they did right.... just need to figure out how to wear it...
You wouldn't have to ship it back. You simply type out what happened, like you did on this forum, submit it to the credit card company and they will refund your money.

In all my years of banking, I only recently reached my threshold and wit's end with poor service. I've had to make 2 claims and they we're handled that same week.

If we don't hold businesses accountable they will continue to do this. Not only do they end up taking your money back from the seller, they're penalized through their merchant account with a fee, and must then pay a higher rate for all transactions moving forward. They don't want that.