Does your balding pattern looks like what your bald family members do experience ?

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, everything is in the title.
I was wondering if there could be a genetic factor in the distribution of DHT sensitive follicles on the scalp and also if the pattern could help to define how well people do respond to treatments. I sure know everything is just not black or white, like some balding people don't have balding family members and some don't respond to treatments at all.
That's just another manifestation of my restless curiosity for pretty much everything:smoke:

shookwun

Reaction score
Everyone including my mother has **** hair. it's real sad.

Mother gave me the prominent fore head, while my father gave me the premature balding gene.

None ever had aesthetic hair. Always had crap hair my entire life followed by the male pattern baldness gene at 15-16.

**** GENETICS. finasteride has me lopsided, I could very well be a NW4-5 by now....

g.i joey

Reaction score
im going EXACTLY like my fathers pattern, my destiny is nw6 by 27-28, worst part is his father (my grandfather) is 92 with a full head of hair, but unfortunately my granmother went bald pretty young and thats where my father inherited the genes.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely a different pattern and rate than my dad.
My dad was an NW2 until about 30, between 40 and 50 he has receded to an NW3-4. His anterior hair is almost gone, just an island left, but his posterior/crown is completely intact, no hair loss at all.
My dad didn't take after his dad either, his dad is an 88 year old NW1.

I on the other hand, began diffuse thinning in an NW5 or 6 pattern all over the top, as well as receding from the front and temples. By 26 I was a diffuse thinning NW3V (restored to NW2.5 via finasteride/minoxidil). I suspect that this is the pattern that my maternal grandfather had.

Really wish I had my paternal grandfather's genes, or at least my dad's. But it seems I lost the genetic lottery and ended up with my maternal grandfather's crappy genes. Actually in some ways he's luckier than me, he maybe NW5-6 but he has thick black/gray, wiry donor hair. I have his pattern, and my dad's fine blond hair. Fine blond hair and male pattern baldness is a bad combination for Hair transplants and coverage.