Does White Glue (ghostbond) Always Loosen Up After A Shower?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or just not let my application "cure" sufficiently?

This business of no sweating, showering, etc. for 24+ hrs is a joke!

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or just not let my application "cure" sufficiently?

This business of no sweating, showering, etc. for 24+ hrs is a joke!

Moisture weakens water-based glue. It's a huge problem. Plus, if it turns white, in my experience it often won't revert back to perfectly clear without redoing the whole bond.

Clear glue has some HUGE advantages. You can shower one hour after bonding and have a perfect bond. But in my experience, clear glues shine like none other. And the cleanup is terrible.

I'm thinking about trying a Got2B Glued daily wear. Might be less maintenance in the longrun and always have a clean bond.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still up in the air about the whole thing. I like the poly perimeter/french lace combo best so far, and have finally learned how to get Got2B (black tube) to work well at holding. I'm talking cement-like hold. But it doesn't last for long, doesn't withstand heat or heavy sweating, can't be depended on.

If I wore a UTS, I'm sure I'd Got2B with it, as I'm sure I'd get an insane hold, given the surface area/vacuum effect, and I'd remove with frequency.

Right now, I'm trying to extended wear out of Ghostbond XL on the perimeter-area of my piece....