Does wearing hair system destroy existing follicles?

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some thin hairs on my crown. I want to try hair system but I am afraid that hair system application and removal will pluck those hair leaving me fully bald.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't.
Isn't exactly healthy for the skin or hairs over the long term, but "you pays your prices and you takes your chances".

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't.
Isn't exactly healthy for the skin or hairs over the long term, but "you pays your prices and you takes your chances".
Is the hair system adhesive/tape chemical glue safe for health and testosterone? I am concerned that the glue gets absorbed by skin ..

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't read anything that suggests it does damage. To destroy a hair follicle it has be damaged at the root, not sure how wearing hair could do that.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Glue won't absorb as it's a big molecule, but the solvent that it's solved in might.
What about the original question? Removing/taking off wig from scalp can pluck many hairs under the wig. Can it cause permanent hair loss to those plucked hairs?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Traction could be an issue, it'll be pretty obvious though and it has to be traction i.e. Something pulling on the hair, so if you are gentle in removing and use releases I cant see how it could damage the roots. But what's the alternative unless you want a hair transplant?

Last edited:

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Traction could be an issue, it'll be pretty obvious though and it has to be traction i.e. Something pulling on the hair, so if you are gentle in removing and use releases I cant see how it could damage the roots. But what's the alternative unless you want a hair transplant?
Our hair are already thin and weak so continuous application and removal of wig can cause traction and easily pluck those hair.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lets assume it does pluck hairs. What is the quality of those hairs at the margin of the loss? Often they are wispy and poor anyway. I don't think plucking hairs will stop them - ask my grey hair

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Our hair are already thin and weak so continuous application and removal of wig can cause traction and easily pluck those hair.
Plucking hairs doesn't mean it will kill the follicle though. And like I said if your gentle and use releases it should come off very easily.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Traction alopecia is an interesting and a weird fenomen, because usually when you remove a hair, it just grows back and that's it. Removing happens only once a week or month as well.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is totally irrelevant. You're shaving the area where you put tape or glue over anyway, so no need to worry if it does or does not damage any existing hair underneath that area since it's been shaved off anyway.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is totally irrelevant. You're shaving the area where you put tape or glue over anyway, so no need to worry if it does or does not damage any existing hair underneath that area since it's been shaved off anyway.
When removing hair system from hair by pullling (after 3-4 weeks) to shave the scalp hair that grew.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When removing hair system from hair by pullling (after 3-4 weeks) to shave the scalp hair that grew.
@Hair2019 I don't want likes, I want ANSWER!
1672894837770.png