Does using conditioner only benefit the hair?

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I use a daily conditioner, TRESemme brand to be exact, after every shampooing be it Nizoral, T/Gel, or something gentle.

I was wondering, while I realize conditioner is used to rehydrate and keep the hair healthy (from being brittle, dry, etc), does conditioner also benefit scalp health?

I use TRESemme 'B5 & Aloe Remoisturize' formula, and I like how it makes my hair feel, but I wonder if it helps with scalp health at all.

I usually leave the stuff in for about a minute, as the package says.

Any thoughts?
-misterium

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
misterium said:
Hi,

. . .
I use TRESemme 'B5 & Aloe Remoisturize' formula, and I like how it makes my hair feel, but I wonder if it helps with scalp health at all.

. . . -misterium

Mist - yes, conditioners are also used to hydrate the scalp. I've been using Revivogen conditioner (still left over from my rev days), and it's a good conditioner for your scalp and your hair.

misterium

Reaction score
So do you think the one I'm using is "good for my scalp" also?

Does this mean I should 'leave it in longer' so it can absorb?

Does this mean that if the conditioner was only partially rinsed out, that it would continue to 'hydrate' the scalp throughout the day? Is it like a lotion in that regard?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
misterium said:
So do you think the one I'm using is "good for my scalp" also?

Does this mean I should 'leave it in longer' so it can absorb?

Does this mean that if the conditioner was only partially rinsed out, that it would continue to 'hydrate' the scalp throughout the day? Is it like a lotion in that regard?

You've got to do what's best for your type scalp and hair. My hair tends to get greasy fast - so I apply minimal conditioner, spread it out through my hair, and do a quick finger rub into and across my entire scalp. I'll bet I leave it on for less than 1 minute.

This morning for example, I hit an air pocket and a big old glob of conditioner came out. Instead of flicking it off - I used it all - and had a pretty limp hair day as a result (used too much for me).

So I only need a little.

Yea - work some into your scalp w/ your fingertips, leave it on for a minute longer than you usually do - and see how it works for you.

PS: I think it's best to rinse all the conditioner out of your hair.