Does topical finasteride work on women? Pls help

CapUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
25 year old female with Androgenetic Alopecia. Been in denial for two years, no history of balding in my family. Even my grandparents have more hair than me so I refused to believe I had hair thinning but it was confirmed by a derm a week ago.

I was prescribed 50mg of spironolactone to be slowly increased to 200mg but my derm wants to stop it as I feel very very tired from it and get terrible stomach cramps. He wants to be to take topical finasteride instead. But will it really help women? The dosage of finasteride for women is 5mg that’s 5 times more than men’s dosage. I am having doubts whether topical finasteride will be as effective.

Is spironolactone my only good option? Because if yes then I guess I’ll suck up and deal with the tiredness and cramps. I just feel so lost. I am already using minoxidil once a day and he said I have FPHL grade 1+ idk what that means.

please help me!!

Balding_girl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried topical finasteride at first and noticed reduced hairfall but when i started taking it orally 1mg and/injecting it into my head via mesotherapy its really starting to grow back my hair. For me finasteride works like a treat but with everything on this disease ppl react differently so u have to try everything till you find what works for you. With topical finasteride it works slower so 18months was noted as being required to have a significant impact in studies. If your derm is willing to use finasteride see if they will use it with mesotherapy?