Does this online pharmacy look legit?

mrsparkle

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new to this forum but have been on Finasteride for nearly 2 years now with fantastic results.

I had a doctors prescription for Proscar which I was picking up from Boots every 4 months however, I have recently moved from UK to Japan and need to find another route to get my meds.

I've always been slightly suspicious of online pharmacies but it would certainly be easier than trying to get it from a doctor here.

Does anyone have any experience with young-vs-old dot com? Out of all the online pharmacies I've been researching they seem to look the most legit.

What do you guys think? They say they have nothing to hide and you can contact them with any questions. I plan to do this before ordering but I wanted to see if anyone here has any thoughts first.

Cheers!

mrsparkle

Reaction score
Sorry, heard nothing but bad things about ordering from India....

Back to original topic now please.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey wouldn't it be possible to use a legit online UK Pharmacy to send your medecines to your family so that they would send them to you in Japan ?

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have to ask that's probably not a good sign. Why don't you just get your script sent or get a new script?

mrsparkle

Reaction score
Hey wouldn't it be possible to use a legit online UK Pharmacy to send your medecines to your family so that they would send them to you in Japan ?

That sounds like a great idea. But what are the legit online pharmacies?

Can't get new prescription because im not uk resident anymore.

Out of interest did you look at the site in question? What is your first impression?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have to ask that's probably not a good sign. Why don't you just get your script sent or get a new script?

Maybe. But it does look a little more legit than some other sites. And they only focus on selling finasteride.
Just wanted peoples opinion on the site in question.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
I think of https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ Look at this site, it looks real, they give registration numbers etc.
You could just do the online consultation, get a prescription then give your family's address ?

I looked at the website, I think it looks okay but its name screams its illegitimacy IMO..

mrsparkle

Reaction score
I think of https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ Look at this site, it looks real, they give registration numbers etc.
You could just do the online consultation, get a prescription then give your family's address ?

I looked at the website, I think it looks okay but its name screams its illegitimacy IMO..

Thanks for info, i will check it out.

Yeah i thought the same. I think you can usually spot a dodgy site from a mile away but just can't tell with this one.
Think i will contact them and see what sort of response i get.

The UK site is probably the better option though.

Cheers!

RD03

Reaction score
Pharmacy2u is a multi million dollar company, which has existed since the the 90's. It has been present in many articles and tv shows. It is a legitimate pharmacy and registered as so in UK.

However, they do not ship prescription medicine outside of UK anymore as of February 2016, nor do the other pharmacies.

mrsparkle

Reaction score
Really useful info, thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

So out of interest to anyone following this thread...

I emailed the online pharmacy in question with my concerns. Got this reply just now -

"Regarding your concerns, I can fully guarantee that this is the original Proscar manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) for the official Chinese market. We don’t buy from MSD directly; we walk into a well-known and legit pharmacy chain to buy them as a consumer. Finasteride is an OTC medicine here. And, the box is different depending on the country it is localized for.

We just started our online shop and therefore reviews are scarce.

If you have any other questions just let us know. You can also call us.

Regards,

- YVSO"

To be honest, i'm still not sure but i think they could be legit. Might be useful to those who need finasteride shipped to other countries, like myself.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They might be legit. I couldn't get Retin A here in Ireland. Non of the legit Irish or U.K. stores seemed to carry it. So I took a chance on a online pharmacy with no feedback to be found online. Luckily they didn't disappoint. And the Retin A they sent me seems genuine.

RD03

Reaction score
Why don't you just get a new prescription? I pay 5 dollars for 180 tablets of 5 mg at my local pharmacy.

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
drugs from india are LEGIT. people who say its too risky have NO idea what theyre talking about, especially if its about a cheap @ss drug like finasteride, there is no reason to worry

mrsparkle

Reaction score
drugs from india are LEGIT. people who say its too risky have NO idea what theyre talking about, especially if its about a cheap @ss drug like finasteride, there is no reason to worry

That's good to know.

What's your experience with ordering from India? Which India online pharmacies do you recommend?

Cheers

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Hahahaha...
America's 50 percent medicines are made in India...

India is global hub for pharma Industries...

You probably heard is because American and international protectionist are behaving like pussies so they protect your own interest and jobs...
UK more than 50% medicines are made in India..

America's 30 percent Dr are made Dr from India..

mrsparkle

Reaction score
Hahahaha...
America's 50 percent medicines are made in India...

India is global hub for pharma Industries...

You probably heard is because American and international protectionist are behaving like pussies so they protect your own interest and jobs...
UK more than 50% medicines are made in India..

America's 30 percent Dr are made Dr from India..

Yes and 79.48% of statistics are made up on the spot...

But seriously, even if you can provide links to your sources it doesn't make me feel any better about using India based online pharmacy.
Any links to legit sites?

ashleysummer

Reaction score
Personally, I've heard nothing about this online pharmacy. I've recently tried this service. It offers heave discounts on many healthcare products. The products I ordered were of the highest quality, and the price was more than reasonable.

misty_glover

My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of online pharmacies are illegal. If you want to check the legitimacy of an online pharmacy you can look up the pharmacy's site on special online services. They also have a search engine to find a patient assistance program that may be able to pay for your medication. These programs do work and they will help you fill out the paperwork if you are not able to do it yourself.

You can call your doctor and ask if (s)he will see you for free or a reduced rate. If they cannot, they may be able to recommend another doctor that will see you. Your other option is to go to your state's medical services department and they should be able to help you get into a state program or direct you to a clinic that should be able to help you.

Just to be clear, any drug in the USA that is approved by the FDA requires a prescription issued by a doctor. No pharmacy licensed in the USA can dispense a drug without a prescription from a doctor. Good luck.