Does this look like a receding hairline? *Pic Update*

jzune

Reaction score
A little background:

I have very little baldness in my family. A few of the men on my mother's side were bald as they got much older, but my father's side is perfect. My dad had almost the same hairline as me at my age of 18 and his still looks the same. He's in his late 50's with the same hairline as a teenager. Also, my hair is pretty thick on top, I'm just now realizing that I have a pretty big forehead (or that I'm balding). I don't notice a particularly large amount of hairs falling out, but I'm still extremely insecure about my hairline for whatever reason. Looking at older pictures of myself, my hair more or less looked the same, but my paranoia persists. I've asked family members what they think of it, but I feel like they wouldn't tell me the truth if they actually thought my hairline was receding.

What do you guys think? EDIT: Pic Update. Does this look like a maturing hairline? I'm sure hoping it does. My hair is still pretty thick, unfortunately.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Does this look like a receding hairline? (Pic enclosed)

It's hard to tell with the light but it looks fine to me

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score

You're right, you can never trust your family when it comes to hair loss. They'll tell you it's fine until you're practically bald at which point they'll make fun of you for being bald. You can't win.

From that pic though I don't think you're receding. You've done the right thing by taking a pic. Now you can compare it in say a year's time and see if there's any difference. Don't look too much day to day - it doesn't help.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Looks ok to me.

G

So where are the pics of the balding dude with a high forehead? All I see is a pic of a perfect mop with low forehead. Anything lower than that and you'd look like a caveman.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

lol, posts like this draw me... Your hair is here to stay bud.

jzune

Reaction score

Thought I'd post another shot to be sure...

Picture4-1.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score

Wait until you see something definate, sounds like you have a good chance of keeping it judging by your families genetic history.

jzune

Reaction score

Thought I'd post ONE last picture to be sure...

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 14,268

d00fy

Reaction score

definately going bald better get the big 3 and start asap:/

lucky :/

jzune

Reaction score

Manutd4545 said:
It does not look obvious which is a good thing. You may very well have some thinning. Can you see any minaturized hair? Alot of people on here will say you dont have any hair loss, they many be right or wrong. Get your hair checked by a professional to be sure. It is a good job you are catching it early rather than late. Whatever you do not not think about it 24/7 and dont surf these boards and become obsessive like alot of guys on here who say the their life is over. Do some research, and if you have male pattern baldness get on propecia.

What does miniaturization look like? I think I do have shorter hairs around my hairline. It is a sure sign that your hair is receding?

I'm almost starting to believe that my hairline has gotten worse since I've started worrying about it to much. Can you lose your hair from stress? If so, does it look different than traditional male pattern baldness?

And thanks for the advice, I'll probably making a trip the doctor in the near future.

ADL

Reaction score

A few things my friend:
* If you had minituarization going on, you would know what it looks like
* If you have never found 30+ hairs on your cushion after one night, you are not shedding
* If anything special about your forehead, I would say it's rather small
* If you start taking hairlossmedicines you could just trigger hairloss; you have a lot to lose

RELAX :punk:

jzune

Reaction score

ADL said:
A few things my friend:
* If you have never found 30+ hairs on your cushion after one night, you are not shedding
* If you start taking hairlossmedicines you could just trigger hairloss; you have a lot to lose

Alright, fair enough. But honestly, back to the whole miniaturization thing, what should I be looking for? The hairs on my hairline do seem thinner.

jzune

Reaction score

jzune said:
ADL said:
A few things my friend:

Alright, fair enough. But honestly, back to the whole miniaturization thing, what should I be looking for? The hairs on my hairline do seem thinner.

Anyone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

no problem with your hair, you can forget about the hair loss non sense and enjoy your life

that was why nobody replied --- nothing wrong with your hair.

jzune

Reaction score

I know I'm resurrecting a thread I made quite some time ago, but I'm still having second thoughts even though I'm consistently reassured that I'm not losing my hair. (nor do I notice any particularly large amount falling out.)

Picture7.jpg

Picture8.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Picture4.jpg

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score

dude? seriously?? why are you here? You have a full head of hair, with no sign of loss whatsoever and your family history is golden. Don;t take this the wrong way, and trust me when I say this is a compliment and I'm jealous...but I hope to never see you on here again. Go enjoy your hairloss free life :mrgreen:

Sean68

Reaction score

yeah youve got the beginnings of a receeding hairline.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you should trust the professional judgement from people here, we gave you the honest answer, there is no problem with it, and if it does start thinning, you WILL notice it, TRUST ME on it.

jzune

Reaction score

I suppose I should give it a rest, its just the corners of my hairline makes me nervous.

Is it just the way some people's hairlines are?