Does This Look Like A Cowlick Or Hairless?

mbkitt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t really noticed a great deal, if any, hair loss, but I started about a 18 months ago with preventative treatments. I use a home laser, hair supplements with blockers, thickening shampoo and conditioner and a couple different hair serums. I have not started any prescription medications or Rogaine. My hair for the most part has always been and is thick. I was looking in the mirror yesterday at the back of my head and didn’t notice anything. Then I took a picture and freaked out that I’m going bald. I showed the pic to a few people who said the spot is just a cowlick. I know people on here are more in tune to hair loss, so I wanted your opinions.

I’m not sure how the photos will show so the bigger spot was last night and the smaller one was what I took this morning.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 6B7887C7-05F3-4007-A13A-F3076C7D2E2B.jpeg
    6B7887C7-05F3-4007-A13A-F3076C7D2E2B.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 8797CAA3-C07A-4FDA-BFBF-6169839D3EFB.jpeg
    8797CAA3-C07A-4FDA-BFBF-6169839D3EFB.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 286

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could go either way, but to err on the side of caution, it looks more like hairloss than cowlick.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a comb and part your hair in your crown area and take a picture from the same angle. Taking a picture while your crown area is messy makes it hard to detect hairloss.

mbkitt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I asked a doctor friend of a friend who said it’s the vertex transition point. She said because if the transition this seems to be a low hair area. She said my hair distribution in that area is normal. I asked her if I should make an appointment with a derm and she said no because it’s not hair loss. I’ll continue to monitor and see what happens.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I asked a doctor friend of a friend who said it’s the vertex transition point. She said because if the transition this seems to be a low hair area. She said my hair distribution in that area is normal. I asked her if I should make an appointment with a derm and she said no because it’s not hair loss. I’ll continue to monitor and see what happens.
People will tell you what makes you feel better especially women. I'd go see a male derm just to be sure. You don't want to wait with this stuff.