Does this forum suck?

Rocketeer

Reaction score
I tried to have a conversation with a friend about hairloss and mentioned this forum. After about 10 seconds he asked me if there was a comercial site connected to this forum and I said yes. Then he said that all forums connected to comercial sites suck.

I personally think that the Laser Comb forum is sh*t compared to this one as it is regulated and mostly Laser Comb employees posting. This forum however discusses products that are not even sold by hairlosstalk.com.

What do you think about this? Can I "trust" this forum? :hairy:

G

If you mean trust as in give you honest advice, yes

If you mean trust as in trust with your virginity, probably not

:freaked2:

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ditto. everyone that PMs me gets a late night "visit" sorry, its just part of the payment for good hairloss advice.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Read the forums and decide for yourself, as you can see no-one promotes any particular company's products.

Yes there is a "shop" on this site but it sells a variety of hairloss treatments from different companies, its not pushing one thing just for commercial reasons.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com is a good forum. so what it it sells some products. I bought folligen from HairLossTalk.com. great service. the best deal I can find online.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
i love HairLossTalk.com!!!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Rocketeer said:
I tried to have a conversation with a friend about hairloss and mentioned this forum. After about 10 seconds he asked me if there was a comercial site connected to this forum and I said yes. Then he said that all forums connected to comercial sites suck.

I personally think that the Laser Comb forum is sh*t compared to this one as it is regulated and mostly Laser Comb employees posting. This forum however discusses products that are not even sold by hairlosstalk.com.

What do you think about this? Can I "trust" this forum? :hairy:

The "forum" is almost a stand-alone entity from the rest of the HairLossTalk.com site. I hazard to guess that many of our forum newbies and perhaps even a few regulars don't even know there's a home page to this site - separate and apart from the forum.

The home page ( http://www.hairlosstalk.com/ ) might have a few click-through banner ads connecting to commercial sites - but hey - somebody's gotta pay the piper :)

To answer your question - this forum is the coolest of them all - and no, it doesn't suck.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
This forum is legit. Look around and decide for yourself.........

Thankyou Johnny24601, please check you PayPal account.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
As often as I say "Dr. Lee's minoxidil is great, unlike Rogaine and generic minoxidil which is greasy crap," you would THINK that I am getting paid by Dr. Lee (when in fact im only trying to negotiate that deal).

I have noticed that people who send 50 dollars to me each month stop shedding immediately and notice significant regrowth in 2 or 3 months. This treatment (sending me money) is not approved by the FDA because they are controlled by GSK, but preliminary results have been amazing.

G

this forum is too legit to quit. too legit. too legit. uuum gunner time.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
this forum is too legit to quit. too legit. too legit. uuum gunner time.

****Dr Gunner - Product 450****

****Norwood Poems****

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The folks that post here are thinkers and don't just take someone else's advice about this or that. When you share your ideas here, expect to get some seasoned and thought-out responses. There's a great deal of respect here and you being a part of that is a good thing :) Welcome to HairLossTalk.com.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
The folks that post here are thinkers and don't just take someone else's advice about this or that.

Greg1, let me just run that past Dr Lee.....

hold on.......

ah! here we go....

Me: Dear Dr Lee I ask your opinion on the subject of free thinking within the confines of a public forum (in this case a forum dealing specifically with hair loss related issues). My question to you would be do you think it appropriate to forward new and novel ideas in answering questions posed by other posters with a set goal to achieve clarity on a subject with common importance?

Dr Lee: Standard Minoxidil (Product 500) twice a day, also Propecia will make you gay.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

TynanW said:
Johnny24601 said:
This forum is legit. Look around and decide for yourself.........

Thankyou Johnny24601, please check you PayPal account.
ouch :eek:

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
random said:
If you mean trust as in trust with your virginity, probably not

TynanW said:
Dr Lee: Standard Minoxidil (Product 500) twice a day, also Propecia will make you gay.

Guys, how many times do I have to tell you??? It's only gay if you cuddle afterward!

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't trust anyone. Listen to what they say and and veryify it for validity. It's really just a final resting place for your folicles.