Does the Foam Lose it's Effectiveness if Melted to Liquid?

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read a few posts where people have said that the foam tends to melt to liquid form rather quickly...so my question is if this then results to less effectiveness?

Also, when it melts to liquid....can it then be applied with a dropper similar to the solution form of minoxidil?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure, its just as good. Some people I have heard purposedly let it melt to liquid form and use the dropper to apply.

Cassin

Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
Sure, its just as good. Some people I have heard purposedly let it melt to liquid form and use the dropper to apply.

Nonsense!

The foam is designed to be a delivery vehicle!

So it will not be as effective.

The VersaFoam® Breakthrough
Topical vehicles have evolved from basic ointments and solutions to creams, lotions, gels and shampoos. But patients sometimes find them messy or hard to use.
The VersaFoam brand foam vehicle is the next step: a unique, patented and versatile foam formulation for delivering medications such as corticosteroids and antibiotics into the skin. VersaFoam also offers the cosmetic elegance of a fine skin care product.

The VersaFoam Family: Formulation Meets Function
There are three VersaFoam formulations designed for specific patient preferences and skin types. All are easy to apply and spread, disappearing into the skin quickly. Prescription medications formulated with VersaFoam-HFâ„¢ and VersaFoam-EFâ„¢ are currently available commercially. Medications formulated with VersaFoam-AFâ„¢ are in development for a number of application

http://www.versafoam.com/

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin what do you mean? When you apply it to your skin it isn't in a liquid form anyway because it melts?

There isn't a way of applying it so that it's purely in foam form, I'm pretty confused lol.

Cassin

Reaction score
Your still applying foam but it is indeed a bit more watery.

But if your dispensing foam and letting it melt in a cap and using a dropper to suck it up only to apply to your scalp, your wasting your treatment.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Your still applying foam but it is indeed a bit more watery.

But if your dispensing foam and letting it melt in a cap and using a dropper to suck it up only to apply to your scalp, your wasting your treatment.
I don't buy this. Unless you heat it up to a certain temp, how can it turning more liquidy lose it's effectiveness? It feels the same on my scalp as the foam does. It's more watery, which actually helps to spread it on the scalp vs stuck in your hair if you have diffuse thinning.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin,

I have to disagree with you on this. The chemical composition of the liquid is identical to the foam, nothing has changed except its state. The only advantage of it being in a foam state is to apply it over an area without it running all over the place, it is neater, but I think it has its downside too, it gets stuck in the hairs too and some may be wasted. Which ever way you use it will make do difference to hair growth.

Cassin

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Thanks for the info. I guess the reaction of the foam "melting" has to occur on the scalp for us to reap the real benefit of the vehicle?

Probably. I am sure that all goes into their patented delivery vehicle. There is a reason it is foam and not water.

And yes, massage it in.