Does Spironolactone Regrow Hair Via Blocking Androgens Or Fixing The Heart Valve

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Spironolactone is a very powerful drug that acts on the heart valve

Is this the reason it may grow hair ? by increasing circulation to the scalp via the heart, in a way similar to minoxidil, another heart drug.

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's actually a very weak anti androgen (AR Blocker) which needs to be taken at very high doses to have an effect. Some people believe that by blocking their androgen receptors DHT will have a lesser effect and possibly stop hair loss. It can also lower blood pressure through it's ability to flush water and sodium from your system.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this the reason it may grow hair ? by increasing circulation to the scalp via the heart, in a way similar to minoxidil, another heart drug.
spironolactone increases progesterone and its metabolite hydroxyprogesterone. They lower the androgen testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. But in addition to it, you need to take 1-2 mg of estradiol to give hair growth and grow temples.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score

I would not say that it is weak, spironolactone increases your progesterone and its metabolite hydroxyprogesterone. It is an androgen antagonist