Does Shampoo Matters? Or Not So Much?

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm in fina+minoxidill for almost a year, and if been curious about shampoo and conditioner..

Do they matter? I mean can I buy every Shampoo I want? Or should I look on something special that written on it?

Does Head&Shoulders is a good shampoo

Also, is it fine to take a shower and wash your head (with a shampoo) every day?

Does it really matter or hurt the hair somehow?

Thanks.

P.S I'm not talking about the special hairloss shampoo's like "nirozal".. I'm talking about the normal daily one that we use every day.

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Find a shampoo that makes your hair feel good. I tried Nizoral. It gave me more dandruff that I've already had and made my hair lose all the volume. Currently I'm using H&S and Biotin shampoo from amazon. Also I would not recommend to wash your hair everyday with shampoo. Washing the hair less often will help preserve the natural oils in the scalp and keep hair well moisturized. I use shampoo mostly twice a week. Rarely 3 times.

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Find a shampoo that makes your hair feel good. I tried Nizoral. It gave me more dandruff that I've already had and made my hair lose all the volume. Currently I'm using H&S and Biotin shampoo from amazon. Also I would not recommend to wash your hair everyday with shampoo. Washing the hair less often will help preserve the natural oils in the scalp and keep hair well moisturized. I use shampoo mostly twice a week. Rarely 3 times.

Sometimes you have to wash your hair every day. I do, otherwise my scalp gets sore, tightens and itches (and I’m on 1mg Propecia daily).

I haven’t found the answer to a shampoo yet. Tried everything and haven’t really found a consistent solution.

From personal experience I would recommended T-Gel or Philip Kingsley Itchy scalp shampoo. They’re alright. If you can get away with something like Head and Shoulders though, do that, as it’ll be cheap.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to wash your hair every day. I do, otherwise my scalp gets sore, tightens and itches (and I’m on 1mg Propecia daily).

I haven’t found the answer to a shampoo yet. Tried everything and haven’t really found a consistent solution.

From personal experience I would recommended T-Gel or Philip Kingsley Itchy scalp shampoo. They’re alright. If you can get away with something like Head and Shoulders though, do that, as it’ll be cheap.

So there is no really difference between shampoo kinds.. I can pick what ever I like.
Yeah?

bald2thebone

Reaction score
I would say no, you can't just pick any shampoo. You should be picky and find a shampoo that works well for you. Sometimes you'll have to experiment. Doing research like you're doing on forums is good start. Personally I like using about 3-4 different shampoos and rotating them in. I like using Pyrithione zinc based, Ketoconazole based, and Piroctone Olamine based shampoos so I currently use Matrix Biolage Scalp sync, DS Laboratories Revita, and Sachajuan Scalp shampoos. They're not cheap but my scalp no longer itches so I think they're worth the prices. Plus the revita in 925ml size lasts a long time. In general I think cheap shampoos are just that, cheap in quality. So do your research and try some out that others recommend.
PS I'm also a fan of Neutrogena T/gel 2in1 zinc shampoo.

Last edited:

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did use nizoral three times a week, but even though it's supposed to be an anti dandruff shampoo it made mine worse, but I still use it once a week because I'm told it has dht blocking abilities.

Mostly I use baby shampoo.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tgel extra strength has been my favorite, sometimes I rotate it with caffeine shampoo.

Really seems to help with itching

Deliciadecu

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on a no-poo for a time, had to stop because of minoxidil's ethanol giving me dandruff. I've been using Head&Shoulders and got rid of it + after I use it I can rub my hair for a entire minute and no hair will fall, it's a good way to cope

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From what I've read shampooing a lot doesn't cause baldness but it could speed up the process if you're already going bald.
There are certain ingredients in a lot of shampoos that are actually bad for the hair and scalp such as sulphates and parabens (to name just two). If it worries you do some research because some shampoos have much less damageing ingredients then others.