Does RU really degrade rapidly in a solution?

inferno

Reaction score
I would really like to know the answer to this question if possible. I have recently began mixing 3-5 days worth of RU and storing it in the fridge, basically just for convenience and saving time. Bryan said that there is no mention whatsoever of RU degrading when mixed in published studies, but users have stated that they feel RU begins degrading after only a week or so.

Thanks.

inferno

Reaction score
So far I don't feel like there has been a drop off in quality after 5 days in the solution, which is good news. :)

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've made 7 day batches with no noticable decrease in potency. however, there is no real way to tell if it is bad on day 7 and is masked by the new batch the following day. :dunno: Either way, still seems to be working for me.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to me somebody ought to be able to settle this issue once and for all (whether or not RU58841 remains stable in solution for a period of time) by doing an actual hamster flank-organ test!!! One could buy a Syrian hamster or two from a local pet store, then very carefully trim or shave the fur away on his back (being VERY careful not to cut or hurt the poor little thing), then do the easy test of applying a drop of RU solution once a day for a week or two to one of the flank organs. That should provide a very SOLID indication of whether or not the RU solution is have an antiandrogenic effect, and it can be done with RU solutions that are 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, or 6 months old!

Somebody should actually do such a test, and post his results here!!

Ende

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Seems to me somebody ought to be able to settle this issue once and for all (whether or not RU58841 remains stable in solution for a period of time) by doing an actual hamster flank-organ test!!! One could buy a Syrian hamster or two from a local pet store, then very carefully trim or shave the fur away on his back (being VERY careful not to cut or hurt the poor little thing), then do the easy test of applying a drop of RU solution once a day for a week or two to one of the flank organs. That should provide a very SOLID indication of whether or not the RU solution is have an antiandrogenic effect, and it can be done with RU solutions that are 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, or 6 months old!

Somebody should actually do such a test, and post his results here!!
LOL! Are you serious? Man, I would get people to pay for everything you need, if you're willing to do the experiment.

Ah, nevermind, the hair simply won't grow? I thought you were going to sacrifice it and examine the prostate or whatever :p Maybe I should get a pet?? What vehicle and strength do you recommend? I don't want the animal to suffer.

Ende

Reaction score
strong-hamster-small.jpg

Ende

Reaction score
Does it matter if it's a male or female? This will settle the question regarding RU58841 once and for all, and it'll be useful for the CB-03-01 experiment as well. You're a genius, Bryan. Although it reminds me of the guy on propeciahelp who wanted a goat which he could feed finasteride to, and examine.

The only thing I'm worried about is shaving. I'll not be using a razor blade. I think it's safer to use a machine. I would prefer to use a veterinary for this, but I don't think it's a good idea... "Hello! I want you to shave this hamster's back. I need it for an experiment". I don't think it's going to be very well received at all. It would probably end with the vet confiscating the little guy and police knocking on my door.

Ende

Reaction score
I need to use the same vehicle as we're using. I'll trim the back, to see how long it takes to grow back, and make a solution which will be stored in room temperature for 4 weeks. Then I'll trim the back again, and start applying 0.05 - 0.1 ml (2.5 - 5 mg RU58841) with a insulin syringe (topically of course) daily for one or two weeks.

No, we don't need the solution to be stable for more than 4 weeks, so maybe it's better to just apply the solution daily for 4 weeks. That's it. Now I just need the little guy.

Ende

Reaction score
That's a risk I'm willing to take. However, maybe I shouldn't use anymore than 2.5 mg RU58841, or maybe even less a day. The animal is very small compared to a monkey - which received 25 mg a day. I need some opinions.

Ende

Reaction score
I'll get the hamster within this week, and I'll share the experience in my thread.

thomasD

Reaction score
haha nice enden you are actually gonna do this :)
btw thanks for everything you do for this hairloss community

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your really buying a hamster enden?

The tests should work to a certain extent. But it wont tell you for sure if the solution has degraded. Maybe it will have degraded by say 35%. It will still have some effect just not as strong.

You would need lengthy testing with better technology to see if the RU solution truly does degrade.

Vitaminox used to sell RU solution premade. They stopped selling it because they said its shelf life wasnt long enough.

Ende

Reaction score
Yes, I'm serious - but if people say it's not going to work... It's no point in stressing an animal like this, if it's not going to give us a solid result. Bryan, I want your opinion.

Ende

Reaction score
Components of the solution:

· RU58841 3%
- 70% ethanol
- Propylene glycol (PPG) 20%
Purified water - 10%
- Antioxidants Euxyl 100K
It seems like one bottle contained 30 ml of this solution and 900 mg RU58841.