Does Rogaine really not work for diffuse thinners?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Plan to start Rogaine (wait my rogaine) i've tried the 2% verison few years back and give me some regrow at the temple. btw i'm diffuse thinner.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had great results from Rogaine foam, 1.25 mg/day generic proscar and Nizoral 2% 3 times a week.

The side by side pics were taken in Aug of 2007 and the after in June of 2008. I have had more regrowth since the June pics and my crown is now filled in plus I'm thicker on top. I will be 40 in MArch.

One thing to add is I use about double the reccomended amount of foam twice a day, no way could I cover from my hairline to my crown with what they reccomend so i use a can of faom about evey 14 days.

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/mikeb5555/

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
I had great results from Rogaine foam, 1.25 mg/day generic proscar and Nizoral 2% 3 times a week.

The side by side pics were taken in Aug of 2007 and the after in June of 2008. I have had more regrowth since the June pics and my crown is now filled in plus I'm thicker on top. I will be 40 in MArch.

One thing to add is I use about double the reccomended amount of foam twice a day, no way could I cover from my hairline to my crown with what they reccomend so i use a can of faom about evey 14 days.

Facial swelling?

JWM

Reaction score
HT55

Your results are great, however didn't you state that you've recently had a transplant as well?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
HT55

Your results are great, however didn't you state that you've recently had a transplant as well?

That's because I haven't recently had a hair transplant. The before photos in the side by side shots are taken 12 months AFTER ( Aug 2007) my last hair transplant of 1K grafts which was done in Aug 2006. The after pics were taken in June of 2008.

I could have had some late growth but I really doubt that much late growth came in after month 12. Also I have never had any crown work done so all of what you see in the crown is the drugs. MY crown is now almost entirely filled in as it'a been 6 months since those side by side pics were taken.

I am updating the bio on my pics so this is clear and have also added a crown shot from today.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JohnC43 said:
HT55 said:

Facial swelling?

No sides from anything

screwdht

Reaction score
wouldn't rogaine work better for diffuse thinners? since it basically makes existing hairs thicker/healthier? seems to me like it would