Does Rogaine make you even more bald after you stop use?

Nova

Reaction score
G'day all!

I am a female, but don't send me away just yet! I'm using Rogaine for men on my eyebrows because I have thinning brows from piercings that I've taken out long ago., Many sources told me to use Rogaine for men because it has a higher concentration of the serum and eyebrow is harder to grow.

My friend told me tonight that after you stop using Rogaine, your hair falls out even more. And if it doesn't, it'll be harder to grow and keep up.

Is this true?
'Cause if it is, I'd be hurting myself in the longrun. :?

any advice is very very appreciated! :)

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure Minoxidil (Rogaine) works on eyebrow hairs since they are composed differently from head hair. I might be wrong though.

In terms of loosing everything you've had I know that if you use it on your head hair you will loose all the hair that Rogaine regrew for you and you would return to the stage you were if you had not used Rogaine.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
But that's because the process that makes us lose our head hair never stops.

If the underlying reason for your eyebrows thinning has been resolved, then I don't see why you'd lose anything Rogaine helped you gain.

All conjecture of course.

Mickey

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think it would do any harm they recommend Rogaine if you have Telogen Effluvium to kick start the regrowth then advice you to stop using it when the regrowth has become established.The same sort of situation for your eye brows whether it works on eye brows im not sure.

Nova

Reaction score
Well, I certainly hope it'll just go back to the way it was before I started using it.

My eyebrow hairs DO grow, they just grow in patches, ever since I've overplucked them... eventually they all grow in back, but the more I pluck, the longer it takes for other parts of my brow to continue growing.

But if I stopped using the Rogaine, and the hair all fell out, and never grew again, I'd be like :freaked2: ... lol. I'll keep using it and maybe I should ask a phrmacist or something?

Thanks for advice, any advice is appreciated :)