Does Regaine 5% Minoxidil keep frontal hair?

thiswomps

Reaction score
I only went from 10% to 5% minoxidil in my temples, and it virtually annihilated all my hair there. It hasn't regrown back even after 1 year. Now there are only few hairs remaining. It was really devastating, because I wanted some regrowth, and I ended up with much less hair than at the beginning.

I would want to believe that minoxidil will be substituted by some new thing, but after my experience, I think that it will never come true. I am a slave of this drug until the end of my life.

Slaves a bit of a melodramatic word :)

Its not hard to apply, takes a whole minute out of my day. How long have you been using it?

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are really receding I would suggest getting on finasteride and minoxidil after talking with a derm. They are really they only things that are known to work and the longer you hold off the harder it will be to maintain.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Slaves a bit of a melodramatic word :)

Its not hard to apply, takes a whole minute out of my day. How long have you been using it?

I have been on it for 16,5 years. I have no problem to apply it every day. It has become a part of my life. My biggest problem is that one year ago I started to mix the 5% version with a 15% version to achieve a 6% concentration. Now I am dependent on both drugs, each from a different manufacturer. Once the 15% version is discontinued (which may happen quicker than I think), then I will have to go back to 5%, and I think that it won't be without losses.