Does Prp Have Any Lasting Value If Stopped?

blue16

My Regimen
Reaction score
For illustration purposes, it's generally accepted that once you stop taking minoxidil, you lose all the hair you regrow AND what you would've lost due to male pattern baldness during the time that you took it.

If you stopped taking finasteride on the other hand, you wouldn't lose all the hair that you would've if you hadn't taken it, as it blocks the DHT from attacking your follicles.

What about PRP? All I have heard mention is that a portion of people got some mild regrowth and improved density, both of which had to be maintained indefinitely. And presumably helps keep the current hairs fighting as well?

But if you stop treatment, do you lose only what you regrow? Or does your genetic hair loss "catch up" as soon as you discontinue and you lose all of what you would've anyway had you not even undergone any procedures?

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a PRP treatment on my scalp a few years ago. It did nothing to help hair growth, and a few years later the doctor stop doing the procedure. Having said that, I did PRP for a bad shoulder and knee, and it was very effective in removing my pain.