Does Propecia work the same for all races?

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Can it be possible that some races have different biological methods of hairloss. Yes, I know it's called androgentic alopecia and DHT plays a major role. But, for example, asians are known to have less DHT in their systems than other races. I am asian so I'm wondering could propecia be less effective for me than a caucasian?

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
hans said:
But, for example, asians are known to have less DHT in their systems than other races.

stop making things up. where is the proof?

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you use a different word than "race"? Race has no scientific meaning or value whatsoever, and is not used by scientists anymore. Race suggests that there is somehow a substantial biological frontier that doesn't actually exist despite all the genetical differences. "Ethnic groups" is a better expression for instance.

Chujgcha

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scientist say that there is no sign that propecia is a skinhead.

You're thinking of Naziarol (20% ketaconazole, made by the Ty Corp).

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hans said:
Heres an interesting study on finasteride and asians.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Heres an article on asians having less dht.

http://www.usc.edu/hsc/info/pr/1volpdf/pdf97/308.pdf

ok now these 2 studies are conflicting...my take is that the DHT vs Sensitivity is at play here

The 2nd study shows Asians have lower incidences of BPH because of naturally lower DHTs but it doesnt say their hair follicles have lower sensitivity to DHT..this explains the first study which showed no relation of ethnic genes with regard to finasteride response...

Supposed conclusion DHT levels have no relation to DHT sensitvity..

challenge me on this..

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course propecia does not work the same for all races...it is purposely designed to work best for Whitey while causing the most side effects for Black men...and everyone else somewhere in between....

Aplunk1

Reaction score
scottie311 said:
Of course propecia does not work the same for all races...it is purposely designed to work best for Whitey while causing the most side effects for Black men...and everyone else somewhere in between....

lol... how true.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
khai said:
Could you use a different word than "race"? Race has no scientific meaning or value whatsoever, and is not used by scientists anymore. Race suggests that there is somehow a substantial biological frontier that doesn't actually exist despite all the genetical differences. "Ethnic groups" is a better expression for instance.

I prefer "them."

The PC stuff is so very entertaining!

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a while, but given the state of the human race I can understand where it comes from.

When will people finally grow up and see that there is no such thing as "race?" The physical characteristics that differ between "races" are nothing more than cosmetic in a mdern society. Any hormonal variations, on average, are slight and much smaller than the largest variances in the same "race." After all modern humans all came form the same tiny genepool some tens of thousands of years ago. This has been proven from mitochondrial DNA.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
I am sorry but this is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a while, but given the state of the human race I can understand where it comes from.

When will people finally grow up and see that there is no such thing as "race?" The physical characteristics that differ between "races" are nothing more than cosmetic in a mdern society. Any hormonal variations, on average, are slight and much smaller than the largest variances in the same "race." After all modern humans all came form the same tiny genepool some tens of thousands of years ago. This has been proven from mitochondrial DNA.

Then why do black people tend to have larger dicks?
And asians tend to be not as well endowed...?