Does Propecia work 2nd time round ??

shay

Reaction score
Hello
I'm back after a number of years away. I had a very successful period on propecia some 6 years ago when i had some thinning round the crown. I took propecia for just short of 2 years and had my crown refill completly and some growth on the temples which wasn't expected but was a great bonus !

Due to money being tight i had to stop but unusually i seemed to retain my crown for a few years and felt no need to go back on meds. That was until last summer when the thinning came back quite aggressively. I am now thinking about getting back on the meds but was unsure if it would work 2nd time round ?

Thanks for any help you can give !!:woot:

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
don't know, but I can tell you that in the UK generic finasteride 5mg is very cheap if you get a private prescription from your GP

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course it should. But no one knows if you get everything you had back. Probably not.

shay

Reaction score
Cheers guys then the fightback starts tomorrow !!!!! Bring on 2013 !!! Happy New Year Guys !!!

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think you can just say yes. Logic might say yes, but there are many unknowns still involved I think the answer is no one knows for sure until you try it to see.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yes I will say finasteride helps, I am just saying there are a lot of things downstream from just DHT that get changed in a chain reaction and whether it all goes back to normal is anyone guess. Do hairs grow more sensitive to androgens when you artificially lower DHT with finasteride and then when you start again more changes happen? Certainly possible no one knows if any of it goes back to before you took it they never checked that.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
It sure does help, am 35 and stopped taking all meds for about 6 months and then restarted finasteride tabs and noticed hairs got blacker and stronger and thicker... not just on the head but body hair even.

So it can work even if u stop it....