Does Propecia Affect Facial Aesthetics?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you guys thoughts on this?
does finasterid make your face look more feminine? less angular?

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia raises estrogen

It does raise estrogen but the increase is insignificant, u shouldn’t feel much of a change, unless ur really sensitive to hormonal changes u might develop some gyno or other feminine sides. But overall finastride is safe for the majority and should be the first line of defense to anyone experiencing male pattern baldness.

Silber

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont think so.

In my case, I have been taking finasteride and dutasteride both for 3 years. My testosterone has increased 20 percent. I look at least as masculine.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case, yes. My face became more bloated.

Last edited:

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea. Given the preponderance of people who report bloated face from it, though, I'd say it's likely there's something in it. Don't know how big the effect is though, or how many people get it.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea. Given the preponderance of people who report bloated face from it, though, I'd say it's likely there's something in it. Don't know how big the effect is though, or how many people get it.

I bet that's just people aging and now they become hyperfocused on that stuff.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet that's just people aging and now they become hyperfocused on that stuff.
I don't know. I definitely experienced a permanent change in the leanness of my face from Minoxidil. Severe bloating during the treatment and even after I stopped using it, maybe 50% of the bloating remained. I don't pretend to know about the drug profile of Propecia, but the side effect is reported commonly enough for me to think there could be something in it.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know. I definitely experienced a permanent change in the leanness of my face from Minoxidil. Severe bloating during the treatment and even after I stopped using it, maybe 50% of the bloating remained. I don't pretend to know about the drug profile of Propecia, but the side effect is reported commonly enough for me to think there could be something in it.

honestly it might be worth the risk, if you're not good looking, being bald is a death sentence.

now imagine being me- overweight(sh*t metabolism being fit is impossible), gyno, pale af (can't tan because skin burns instead), hairy af, and when I mean af I mean sweater level of hair all over the torso), and now about to have to shave my head, up until now when I looked in the mirror you know how I cheered myself up? "at least I have hair, at least I have something good going on", can't say that anymore.

now I'm gonna be honest, I've never had any success with girls (you could guess that by all the things I have), so honestly going bald can't change much from 0 success lmao, but really just looking in the mirror and seeing my hair goes + knowing all the other sh*t I have is killing me mentally.

I'm literally about to be the worst aesthetic stereotype man you could think of, bald, fat, hairy and pale.
the only somewhat good thing I have is height, but with all the other sh*t I have the height doesn't even matter.

and btw since I'm a diffuse thinner I can't even get a transplant, I sent my pics to several top clinics and they all refused a hair transplant saying if I go through one I'm gonna lose a lot of hair due to shock loss so the end results will end up being the same state of hair I have right now.
they all told me to either take finasteride or wait until I lose more hair (the f***??)

so I might as well just take finasteride and risk side effects but at least it could give me a chance to keep my shitty hair/improve it.