Does New Beard Growth Equal Head Growth Too?

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started taking biosil,wheat grass, vitamins and biotin only 4 days ago. I looked in the mirror today and noticed my beard is growing higher on my check line than it ever has in my life, complete new growth. So my question is do facial hair and head hair have a direct correlation ? Is this a good sign or no? I know there’s some smart people on here so thanks in advance.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably means more dht or increased sensitivity to dht. But your beard hair follicles can become more sensitive while your scalp hair follicles stay the same or vice versa. There's no way of guessing.

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably means more dht or increased sensitivity to dht. But your beard hair follicles can become more sensitive while your scalp hair follicles stay the same or vice versa. There's no way of guessing.
Thank you for the reply. Is dht good ?does that mean i would reply good to finsat or bad if I’m sensitive? I thought finsat blocks dht? Put it in layman terms for me thank you man.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Is dht good ?does that mean i would reply good to finsat or bad if I’m sensitive? I thought finsat blocks dht? Put it in layman terms for me thank you man.
I've never heard of "finsat", but DHT is good if you want a bald head. Otherwise, a beard growing usually means some form of recession in scalp hairs, so be on the lookout.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's normal for hair follicles to get more sensitive to dht as you get older, it's not good or bad. It just means you'll get harier as you get old, doesn't mean you'll go bald.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never heard of "finsat", but DHT is good if you want a bald head. Otherwise, a beard growing usually means some form of recession in scalp hairs, so be on the lookout.
Sensitivity to dht doesn't increase the same everywhere. His beard and chest might get more sensitive while his scalp stays the same.

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t get it. So by taking a supplement that’s supposed to make your hair thicker and healthier will make me go bald because it’s making my beard grow more?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • I don’t get it. So by taking a supplement that’s supposed to make your hair thicker and healthier will make me go bald because it’s making my beard grow more?
Take finasteride if you're this worried about dht.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sensitivity to dht doesn't increase the same everywhere. His beard and chest might get more sensitive while his scalp stays the same.
True, but i think i remember him having another thread where he says he is experiencing some form of thinning, so i just got along with that. But technically, the older you get, the weaker your follicles get. And it's very common that the hairier you are, the balder you'll be.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t get it. So by taking a supplement that’s supposed to make your hair thicker and healthier will make me go bald because it’s making my beard grow more?
I never said 100% certainly. But it's very common that beard growth is associated with hair recession. As i've told you earlier, be on the lookout, take pictures every month if you have to and evaluate each one as time goes on.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, but i think i remember him having another thread where he says he is experiencing some form of thinning, so i just got along with that. But technically, the older you get, the weaker your follicles get. And it's very common that the hairier you are, the balder you'll be.
Well yeah but most norwood 1s have hairy chests and thick beards, less body hair can be a good sign for your head hair but being hairy isn't always a bad sign. There's lots of norwood 1s who are harier than nw4s but they still get to keep their hair forever.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah but most norwood 1s have hairy chests and thick beards, less body hair can be a good sign for your head hair but being hairy isn't always a bad sign. There's lots of norwood 1s who are harier than nw4s but they still get to keep their hair forever.
In my experience, hairy body led to aggressive balding, so i may be biased.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never said 100% certainly. But it's very common that beard growth is associated with hair recession. As i've told you earlier, be on the lookout, take pictures every month if you have to and evaluate each one as time goes on.
But if you go to r/beards, 99.9% of people are balding but have thick beards. So you are right, almost every balding guy is hairy.

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But if you go to r/beards, 99.9% of people are balding but have thick beards. So you are right, almost every balding guy is hairy.
Well I’ve always had a nice beard. Although the I have absolutely no chest or back hair just on my legs. I just meant I have some new growth on my cheek where it never had grown after taking these supplements. I thought it’d a good sign. Now. I guess it’s terrible and I should stop taking them.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably just a coincidence, maybe it's always been there, how long have you been taking these supplements, because I don't think it can have such an immediate effect. Also, don't get worried about the dht thing, your beard hair might be very sensitive to dht while your chest and back aren't, your scalp might not be sensitive either just like your chest and back. I have very hairy legs and thin arm hair and no hair on my stomach except thin hair under my navel/belly button and no beard.

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably just a coincidence, maybe it's always been there, how long have you been taking these supplements, because I don't think it can have such an immediate effect. Also, don't get worried about the dht thing, your beard hair might be very sensitive to dht while your chest and back aren't, your scalp might not be sensitive either just like your chest and back. I have very hairy legs and thin arm hair and no hair on my stomach except thin hair under my navel/belly button and no beard.
True man. And what is your head hair situation like ?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I recently decided to grow my beard out and after some research started to take a supplement for it. I'm only on a week and already seeing new hairs (yet still very miniature) sprouting in a spot on my face that never has before in my 35 years. It seems like I'm a super responder for this beard supplement. It has a lot of the same stuff I was already taking in it plus like 15 new things, so I'm down to just 5 pills a day instead of 10.

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P8JFM66/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this is what I'm taking. I chose this over others because of the higher amount of biotin. The lower biotin supplements did have saw palmetto, but since I'm on finasteride for lowering my DHT I preferred the higher biotin over the dht blocker.

Last edited: