Does needling at 2mm do more harm than good?

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people recommend needling at 1.5mm once a week but I do 2mm once a month.

Am I damaging the follicles using 2mm? And am I doing any good with just once a month? There's so much contradictory f*****g info out there

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to be pondering this bloody question until the end of time at this rate

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you doing 2mm, and not what most other people are doing and what was done in the studies? Just curious what your reasons are.

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you doing 2mm, and not what most other people are doing and what was done in the studies? Just curious what your reasons are.
It is performed by a dermatologist who believes for some reason 2mm is the most effective (maybe she's a sadist). I only worry if there's a significant chance of causing harm compared to 1.5mm

And I have a theory that since I only do it once a month perhaps a larger needle will make up for it

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect hair health, who is a "medical researcher" summed up the studies somewhere saying most studies performed at depths of 1.5-2.5 or something to that effect- I could try to dig up or be an easy search. Nevertheless, the whole Follica thing sating never to go below .8 is what now has me confused, Im pretty sure amongst the scale of responders, people will vary, if for no other reason that scalps vary in thickness at the very least (not to mention all the polygenetic things going on as well)..

Do you bleed a lot with this depth and has that increased or decreased with treatment sessions through time?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Do it based on blood and amount of stinging sensation after applying minoxidil (do this straight after)
If no stinging, you didn't wound enough. It should sting and feel sore for 2 to 3 days after, then leave it alone for 2 weeks before the next sesh.
Source: Common sense